Location: Hamburg, Germany
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Local Operations
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a
mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and
carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has
powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200
cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips.
Learn more at li.me!
We are looking for a General Manager in Hamburg with a passion for innovation,
knack for problem solving, and ability to thrive in ambiguity to create first-
class customer experiences. You will be responsible for the #1 Lime market
performance and growth in a strategic and critical role.
As Operations Director, you are creative, a big-picture individual who is
accountable for the market operational excellence, P&L and team. This includes
not only financial management but also team leadership across departments.
What You'll Do:
- Be an owner - build and implement the market growth and profitability strategy across multiple departments with the full support of HQ
- Lead a high performing team - manage and raise the bar for the existing team, define hiring needs, execute on those needs, and train new team members
- Enhance performance - be data driven, track and report ops and financial performance to creatively solve problems & find ways to improve as well as lead by example
- Drive results - forecast and set quarterly goals for your market, while creating an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking and precision to reach those goals
- Communicate across the organisation to ensure timely resolutions, quality control, and process feedback - you are the link between the leading Lime market and regional & central operations, finance, policy, product and engineering teams
- Be the face of Lime - as the leader of your market, you will meet with local officials, business owners and customers as a representative of Lime
- Be a culture carrier - create a fun, inclusive, and safe workplace
- Bilingual German/English
- 7+ years combined experience in consulting, business management, or operations, ideally in a startup or similar environment
- Experience as a team manager
- Excellent communicator who is capable of motivating teams, collaborating with diverse groups across a large organisation, and liaising with external partners as needed
- A great understanding of real-time marketplaces within an analytical mindset (supply and demand economics)
- Experience navigating ambiguous environments solving complex problems while exercising good judgement
- Ability to simplify difficult problems into solvable tasks that can be acted upon
- A data-driven nature, and attention to detail that drive your love of process improvement
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new concepts and using new tools
- Self-motivated, energetic, and driven with the ability to learn new skills that will enable you to grow with the role
- B.A/B.S or equivalent required; MBA preferred
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionise transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Hybrid remote working policy
- Scale with a rapidly growing organisation, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Company Funded Fertility/Family Forming Benefits
- Unlimited Lime Vehicle use
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to
build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds,
abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a
better company and grow as individuals.