Location: Sydney, Australia
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Local Operations
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a
mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and
carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has
powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200
cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips.
Learn more at li.me!
As an Operations Manager, you will lead and execute on the local strategy for
Sydney and broader NSW. You will optimise the fleet, manage a team, and
understand what our local riders want. You’ll be the voice of Lime in the
community, working with councils, communities and businesses to increase
ridership and promote safety. You’ll manage a team of contractors, mechanics,
and warehouse staff, coaching them along the way to ensure they perform at
their best. You will work in a hyper-local perspective, knowing your
community, its suburbs and the way it moves. You will build ‘stuff’ -
processes, models, presentations, scripts - and support implementation of
high-impact, operationally-driven projects.
What You'll Do
- Be an owner - Making Sydney your own, manage performance, and be responsible for your region’s output
- Own local relationships - Be the face of Lime across the city with local businesses, partnerships and all levels of government
- Lead the local strategy - Taking Lime’s vision and interpreting this to the local market, ensuring we're constantly evolving, innovating, and prioritising the right projects to meet business needs
- Grow and optimise your market - Work out how to unlock trip growth in Sydney, while optimising for operational efficiency
- Build a high-performing team - Define hiring needs, execute on those needs, and train new team members
- Coach a team - Manage performance of our ongoing relationship with contractors and increase accountability
- You’re a customer-obsessed, analytical problem solver with excellent attention to detail, and that has a passion for working with stakeholders across the business. You will have experience managing or leading teams - either at your current business, or groups at university or within your local community. You are able to think strategically, solve problems from first principles, and validate your assumptions with data. You enjoy thinking on your feet, using your initiative and executing rapidly.
- Tenacious , and able to make decisions in an unstructured environment. We move fast at Lime and you’ll be comfortable with the same.
- Relentlessly curious. You always want to dig deeper and understand why, particularly to understand what our customers need.
- A natural leader with excellent communication skills. Capable of motivating and coaching your team to perform at their highest, and navigating challenging external stakeholders
- Highly analytical , with a keen eye for leveraging data to help our team make more insightful business decisions.
- Resourceful and creative. You're able to build stuff and do a lot with little.
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain a high level of accuracy across all aspects of your work.
- Outstanding proficiency in using Excel / GSheets , and able to write (or keen willingness to learn) SQL. Your friends may describe you as a spreadsheet expert. Experience with Python, or other analytical software is a major plus.
- 2-5 years’ experience and have worked in one of the following environments before: consulting, engineering, STEM industries with execution experience, a startup or fast-growth technology business
- However, we also strongly encourage you to apply even if you are not sure you fit all of the criteria we’ve mentioned. All our roles involve a range of skill sets and we recognise that everyone has different strengths and experiences that can add incredible value to our team. We celebrate and value diversity and we are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire and in the way our team works together.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionise transportation in Australia with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Ground floor opportunity - shape the strategy of Victoria
- Scale with a rapidly growing organisation, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to
build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds,
abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a
better company and grow as individuals.