Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Local Operations
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a
mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and
carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has
powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200
cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips.
Learn more at li.me!
The director will report to the Senior Operations Manager for the region and
additionally, will have a direct line of communications to the Government
Relations lead for the Southeastern United States. The role must be based in
Charleston, and travel will be expected as needed to build and maintain
relationships with city partners.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as Lime’s Charleston, SC operations and partnership lead on initiatives to service our partners in the Charleston region.
- Work closely with local operations to execute a strategy for providing a high-quality service to the City. Coordination and alignment with this cross-functional partner in government relations, rider communications and more will be a critical component to success in this role.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for existing and new partnerships and forums that promote Lime’s service inside Charleston. This includes everything from doing Lime First Ride Academy training to participating in panels.
- OPERATIONS BASED MARKERS
- Manage Lime’s partnerships locally
- Primary relationship manager with Lime’s Juicer community;
- Collaborate with Lime internal teams (e.g. Gov Relations, Operations, Business Development, Communications, etc.) to deliver improvements in our Charleston offering as necessary
- Develop appropriate rider and juicer communications strategies in Charleston.
- Ad Hoc support to the Local Operations team and Senior Operations Manager, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Senior Operations Manager in designing & implementing the strategic expansion plan for e-scooters and e-bikes for the Southeast USA
- Determine expansion market needs that position Lime as the best fit for a micromobiity partner
- Build documents and communication to sell new cities on Lime as a partner
- Serve the initial operations POC for city regulators, local business and riders
- You’ll be a customer-obsessed, exceptional communicator with excellent attention to detail, and that has a passion for working with stakeholders across the business. You will have experience in external or client facing roles, and you’ll know how to move quickly to deliver. You are able to think strategically, solve problems from first principles, and validate your assumptions with data. You enjoy thinking on your feet, using your initiative and executing rapidly.
- An innate leader with excellent communication skills. Capable of communicating with all levels of stakeholders, and flexing your communication style to get the most out of who you work with
- A natural salesperson, who is able to think on their feet and tell the right story
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work with external organizations to build joint timelines, goals and move internal resources to meet those objectives.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to use and understand data dashboards and run basic data queries.
- Preferred experience: 3-6 years’ experience and have worked in one of the following environments before: consulting, finance, policy, STEM industries with heavy execution experience, a startup or fast-growth technology business with heavy client-facing experience
However, we also strongly encourage you to apply even if you are not sure you
fit all of the criteria we’ve mentioned. All our roles involve a range of
skill sets and we recognize that everyone has different strengths and
experiences that can add incredible value to our team. We celebrate and value
diversity and we are committed to being inclusive in the way we hire and in
the way our team works together.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Ground floor opportunity - shape the strategy of an entire region
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to
build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds,
abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a
better company and grow as individuals.