Location: Seattle, WA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Government Relations
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a
mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and
carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has
powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200
cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips.
Learn more at li.me!
We are hiring a Senior Manager, Government Relations in either Seattle, WA or
Portland, OR, to join Lime’s global policy and communications team. In this
role, you will make an impact by helping us advance micro-mobility, grow our
fleet size across multiple vehicle types, and enter new markets across the
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in building
partnerships with community and government stakeholders, and communicating the
values of our service to regulators, the media and other key constituencies.
You will also be comfortable working in an environment with evolving goals and
have an aptitude to overcome obstacles as they arise and ambition to get
This is a remote position; however, the candidate must reside in Seattle, WA
or Portland, OR.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with government leaders, businesses, non-profits, community organizations, the media and other prospective partners to effectively carry out the government relations strategy.
- In partnership with regional leadership, evaluate, prioritize, and implement strategic paths toward growth in current and future markets across the Northwest Region including Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Utah.
- Collaborate with regional Policy and Operations leadership teams to develop and put into place a long-term strategy that is aligned on our priorities while delivering on key metrics for each market.
- Partner with organizations, educational institutions, and similar groups to align Lime's social mission in transportation, health, safety, and the environment.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on field marketing, safety campaigns, and local media activities.
- Act as the face of Lime in the region by participating in media interviews and speaking at public events.
- Analyze and inform regional leadership and company HQ on local regulatory or legislative matters.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least seven (7) years related experience leading or working in government affairs, campaigns, and/or community development in a government-related environment.
- Previous professional experience in transportation and mobility is preferred.
- 2+ years working directly within the Northwest region is preferred (Seattle and Portland ideal).
- Excellent English language communications skills and comfortability speaking in public are required.
- A multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple priorities at once while executing projects in a demanding environment.
- An analytical and strategic mindset with the ability to drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- Availability to travel at least 33% of the time depending on business needs.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to
build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds,
abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a
better company and grow as individuals.