Location: Cambridge, MA
Employment Type: Full time
LiquiGlide is a fast-growing company that has changed the rules for how liquids move. Viscous
liquids are sticky, and they don’t flow easily—think toothpaste, lotions, ketchup, heavy oil, or
paint. This creates a lot of waste and inefficiency, and it handcuffs the way we design. But not
anymore. Invented at MIT, LiquiGlide’s liquid surface technology eliminates the friction between
liquids and solids to help liquids flow with ease and enable breakthroughs that used to be
impossible. Following a successful first launch with Colgate in 2021 ( Colgate Elixir ), LiquiGlide
is poised to revolutionize products, packaging, processes, and patient experiences.
Building on the success of Elixir, LiquiGlide has collaborated with renowned industrial designer Yves Behar to create “EveryDropTM” Tottles. Enabled by our patented liquid surface technology, these new packages (and LiquiGlide-enabled tottles generally) represent a new dispensing platform for viscous products that are currently constrained to jars, tubes, and pump bottles. The EveryDrop platform allows consumers to see how much product is left, easily dispense it, and recycle the package, enabling a superior user experience and a counter- worthy package with a differentiated silhouette on the shelf. Our mission is to make the EveryDrop dispensing platform ubiquitous.
The Product Development Engineer will be a key member of the product development team and will lead and work with teams to develop EveryDropTM products leveraging liquid-impregnated surface (LIS) coatings for applications in the consumer packaged goods industry (oral care, beauty care, food products, etc.). This role will support launches of new products/lineups of products with a CPG company as well as contribute significantly to the Packaging department’s strategy and the Company’s growth. It is an exciting opportunity to not only change the rules for packaging design and product development, but to also have far-reaching effects on sustainability by eliminating waste and increasing recyclability of packaging.
The role is based at LiquiGlide’s office in Cambridge, MA.
• Support large, client-funded product development/creation projects, interfacing with clients
as well as internal project teams, and consultants.
• Develop and maintain project plans and road maps and act as key point of contact for clients
and internal management.
• Study and experiment independently (and in an internal tutorial) to gain LIS expertise that will
enable you to grow in critical R&D and project management functions as the company
• Develop test methods and best practices to accelerate coating development and validate
• Negotiate with equipment, packaging, and raw ingredient suppliers.
What you bring:
• 3+ years product development and commercialization experience, including managing
projects, teams, and customer relationships.
• Strong hands-on experience and proven ability to design effective experiments.
• Proven ability to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ambitious and comfortable with ambiguity.
• Start-up experience is desirable.
• Beauty industry experience in packaging design or product formulation is a plus.
• BS Degree required in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or
Material Science. Masters strongly desired. Open to entry PhD.