Location: Cambridge, MA
Employment Type: Full time
Team: Client Services
LiquiGlide is a fast-growing company that has changed the rules for how liquids move. Viscous
liquids are sticky, and they don’t flow easily—think toothpaste, lotions, ketchup, heavy oil, or
paint. This creates a lot of waste and inefficiency, and it handcuffs the way we design. But not
anymore. Invented at MIT, LiquiGlide’s liquid surface technology eliminates the friction between
liquids and solids to help liquids flow with ease and enable breakthroughs that used to be
impossible. Following a successful first launch with Colgate in 2021 ( Colgate Elixir ), LiquiGlide
is poised to revolutionize products, packaging, processes, and patient experiences.
Building on the success of Elixir, LiquiGlide has collaborated with renowned industrial designer
Yves Behar to create “EveryDrop TM ” Tottles. Enabled by our patented liquid surface technology,
these new packages (and LiquiGlide-enabled tottles generally) represent a new dispensing
platform for viscous products that are currently constrained to jars, tubes, and pump bottles. The
EveryDrop platform allows consumers to see how much product is left, easily dispense it, and
recycle the package, enabling a superior user experience and a counter-worthy package with a
differentiated silhouette on the shelf. Our mission is to make the EveryDrop dispensing platform
ubiquitous. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Marketing and
Business Development will identify new business partners and opportunities, develop outreach
strategies, and facilitate commercialization programs, and establish a pipeline of prospective
customers for EveryDrop packages. The role is based at LiquiGlide’s office in Cambridge, MA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop/improve our messaging and marketing materials (including website content,
sales materials, and PR), to position LiquiGlide as a product/package innovation tool
(rather than an enhancement to a customer’s current packaging and product lines).
- Identify and attend high priority tradeshows and other industry events to generate quality
leads interested in developing new products/brands, uniquely differentiated by the
- Identify and pursue opportunities within the premium health & beauty category as well as
other consumer packaged goods businesses Develop a deep understanding of
LiquiGlide’s technology and use a data-driven approach to identify profitable business
Business Development and Lead Generation:
- Lead in identifying and interfacing with potential partners; utilize network of existing and new
contacts to make connections with high level executives in leading health & beauty
companies, with initial emphasis on skincare (70-75% effort); as well as other consumer
packaged goods (CPG) companies (20-25% effort)
- Develop a funnel of high value opportunities for LiquiGlide’s EveryDrop platform and
opportunities to collaborate on custom design of tottles for new product launches or for
package/brand refreshes. Discuss high-level deal structures and identify needs with target
- Support negotiations, manage, and/or support delivery of complex multi- phase joint
development agreements and license and supply (commercial) agreements.
- Using industry knowledge and research, partner with the engineering team to inform and
align on strategies to take LiquiGlide’s coatings to appropriate markets and target
applications, having assessed development risk/opportunity trade-offs
- Work with skincare team to plan and prototype new product and package concepts to
leverage our current technology capabilities while aligning with industry trends, validating
these concepts with prospective customers, contract manufacturing partners, and brand-
- Understand and influence client objectives and work with LiquiGlide team and client teams
to facilitate structure and workflow of product development and commercialization programs.
Skills & Experience
• 12+ years in health and beauty industry marketing and sales experience required, experience
in business development and skincare preferred.
• Knowledge of and established network with health and beauty companies and brands
• Track record of sales, marketing, product launch, and championing brand or product
innovation, as well as sourcing collaborations.
• Proven experience in building business cases and gaining organizational support for
initiatives aligning with strategy.
• Proven ability to work with and present to high-level executives.
• Team player who works well with diverse teams; has potentially built out commercial teams
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
• Self-starter with proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ambitious and comfortable with ambiguity.