Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Employment Type: Full-Time
If you know tech and love writing, we want to talk to
you is a fast growing startup where everyone values
documentation. Our UX team is looking for a talented writer with a solid
background in tech and B2B. You'll own everything around the product —
designing content for the UI, writing onboarding flows, developing content for
the docs, making videos, writing tutorials, recording screencasts, and
whatever else you think it takes to make great product content. Get in touch
if you've got the expertise, strategy, and drive to make our writing
You'll be in charge of making everything easily
- Write A lot. You'll create UI content, onboarding flows, feature announcements, videos, screencasts, troubleshooting guides, API docs, and readmes.
- Be the user’s champion. As part of the UX team, you’ll empathize with users and advocate for their needs.
- Collaborate with everyone. This includes the UX team, product managers, developers, DevOps, QA, support, customer success, marketing, sales, our SEO guy... pretty much everyone except the folks doing construction across the street.
- Manage the tools. We manage the docs like code, and we manage our UI copy in its own database. With some work, you can customize the docs to do anything. You'll also do some maintenance from time to time,
- Manage the process. Everyone has a stake in our content, so you'll get feedback from a bunch of people. You'll need to balance requests with time-sensitive work. We're still a startup — and we need you to bring some discipline to the role.
- Writing excites you. It's your craft. You're happy sharing your expertise with others. You have native-level English.
- You have at least 4 years of tech writing experience. We’d love if you’ve written for highly technical B2B software. You have an understanding of how to use and document APIs.
- You've got the technical chops to write for a developer audience. You’re familiar with cloud technologies (AWS and Azure), APIs (REST and otherwise).
- You negotiate and prioritize projects so you can meet every deadline. You're flexible. You can work in an agile environment where releases aren’t on a set schedule; they ship as soon as they’re ready.
- You love learning and you set aside time for it. You look forward to a steep learning curve. You know how to research new material, but you also know when it's time to ask for help.