Location: United States
Employment Type: Full-time
WHO WE ARE
Lumos Labs is the industry leader in brain training. Since the launch of
Lumosity in 2007, more than 100 million users have trained their cognitive
skills by playing over 7 billion training games. We believe in helping people
keep their brains challenged through playful, meaningful experiences grounded
From neuroscience to art, we combine diverse disciplines to create a brain
training program that is both engaging and accessible — making cognitive
research available to everyone. We draw upon scientific research, user-
friendly design, and engagement with our user base to continuously improve our
product. Through the Human Cognition Project,
we collaborate with over 100 leading researchers and clinicians from
institutions around the world.
We’re committed to building upon our brand to become world leaders in digital
health and medicine.
**WE’RE LOOKING FOR **
Lumos is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join the application
engineering team. This team is responsible for all applications that the user
interacts with directly. We are passionate about giving our customers a first-
class experience by creating frictionless, entertaining, and robust
applications they can interact with. We’re looking for someone that can help
us build and scale the engineering teams that make that experience possible.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Partner with our VP of Engineering to build and scale our user-facing application engineering teams.
- Partner with our Product, Design, and Science teams to help drive our product development.
- Collaborate with business partners as well as engineers to help define future roadmaps and balance tech debt and feature development.
- Proactively find and create opportunities for engineers to further their development
- Be a champion of clear documentation and distribution of information regarding architectural choices, processes, and database schemas.
- Provide clarity whenever there’s ambiguity.
- Be an active participant in shaping and maintaining our culture by suggesting improvements to processes and technologies.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Experience building and scaling engineering teams.
- Experience with Agile and support a pragmatic approach to adopting its processes.
- A people-oriented management style and a belief that results are achieved through strong relationships and mentorship.
- Deep understanding of modern web and native mobile development paradigms.
- A product-focused mindset and a get-things-done attitude.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
Not required but nice-to-haves:
- Experience with game development.
- Knowledge of infrastructure on AWS and serverless architectures.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Lumos Labs offers a wide range of competitive benefits for all of our full-time employees:
- The excitement and fun of an early-stage startup paired with the maturity and stability of a later-stage business with substantial revenue and company infrastructure.
- A remote-first culture, building a team that spans the Eastern-to-Pacific U.S. time zones.
- Competitive compensation packages, including salary and benefits on-par with later-stage companies, and equity options on-par with earlier-stage ones.
- Flexible time off throughout the year to rest, reset, and recharge, and an end-of-year holiday break.
- Generous company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision plans (options for individual, spouse and/or domestic partner, and family coverage).
- Continuous learning budget for conferences, professional and skill development – think Udemy Courses, Coursera and books.
- Monthly fitness, wellness, internet, coworking, and cell phone reimbursements.
Lumos Labs values diversity and recognizes that employees from a broad range
of perspectives improves both the practice of science and the brain training
experience for everyone. We are committed to inclusion, diversifying tech, and
advocating for diversity in our employees, their experiences, and the people
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.