Location: United States
Employment Type: Full-time
WHO WE ARE
Lumos Labs is the industry leader in brain training. Since the launch of
Lumosity in 2007, more than 100 million users have trained their cognitive
skills by playing over 7 billion training games. We believe in helping people
keep their brains challenged through playful, meaningful experiences grounded
From neuroscience to art, we combine diverse disciplines to create a brain
training program that is both engaging and accessible — making cognitive
research available to everyone. We draw upon scientific research, user-
friendly design, and engagement with our user base to continuously improve our
product. Through the Human Cognition Project,
we collaborate with over 100 leading researchers and clinicians from
institutions around the world.
We’re committed to building upon our brand to become world leaders in digital
health and medicine.
**WE’RE LOOKING FOR **
Lumos is looking for a senior front-end web developer to join the application
engineering team. This team is responsible for all applications that the user
interacts with directly. We are passionate about giving our customers a first-
class experience by creating frictionless, entertaining and robust
applications they can interact with. We’re looking for someone that can help
us architect and build a robust, scalable front-end web application.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive the design, development and maintenance of all our front-end web applications and act as a resource for other engineers regarding all things related to web-based front-end development.
- Have a focus on performance of front-end applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Collaborate with back-end developers on how best to serve and visualize data.
- Understand and actively implement a high level of security and data protection through the development process.
- Be a champion of clear documentation and distribution of information regarding architectural choices, processes and database schemas.
- Keep informed of advancements in the field of React, front-end development in general, SSR and GraphQL.
- Be an active participant in shaping and maintaining our culture by suggesting improvements to processes and technologies.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- A consistent track record of building robust and scalable front-end web applications using React, Typescript and preferable Next.js or some other Server Side Rendering library
- Extensive knowledge of GraphQL
- Knowledge of infrastructure on AWS and serverless architectures
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
Not required but nice to haves:
- Experience with native mobile development (Swift and Kotlin)
- Experience with game development in Unity and/or Cocos Creator (or Cocos.js)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Lumos Labs offers a wide range of competitive benefits for all of our full-time employees:
- The excitement and fun of an early-stage startup paired with the maturity and stability of a later-stage business with substantial revenue and company infrastructure.
- A remote-first culture, building a team that spans the Eastern-to-Pacific U.S. time zones.
- Competitive compensation packages, including salary and benefits on-par with later-stage companies, and equity options on-par with earlier-stage ones.
- Flexible time off throughout the year to rest, reset, and recharge, and an end-of-year holiday break.
- Generous company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision plans (options for individual, spouse and/or domestic partner, and family coverage).
- Continuous learning budget for conferences, professional and skill development – think Udemy Courses, Coursera and books.
- Monthly fitness, wellness, internet, coworking, and cell phone reimbursements.
Please review Lumosity's [California Job Applicant Privacy