Location: United States
Employment Type: Full-Time
As the Staff Site Reliability Engineer at Minted, you will have the
opportunity to drive the transformation of our infrastructure and take
continuous delivery to the next level. Our team maintains and scales the cloud
infrastructure for our rapidly growing e-commerce marketplace. You will be
working closely with the architects and principal engineers at Minted to
develop and deploy secure, highly available, and scalable web services. This
is a phenomenal role for someone who believes in building automation, driving
simplification, and crafting an impressive, five-nines culture
- Ensure the underlying production infrastructure is running at scale, smoothly, and reliably.
- Build or improve existing tools to make the production infrastructure more reliable, consistent, observable, and eliminate manual intervention.
- Create or approve existing business continuity and disaster recovery plans to ensure continual uptime.
- Identify, gather, analyze and automate responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts.
- Drive adoption, educate and motivate a team of engineers on SRE best practices and standards.
- Define consistent monitoring, metrics, and alerting across different Minted platforms.
- Evaluate and integrate key technology vendors for testing, automation, and security-related initiatives.
- Share knowledge of technology in an AWS cloud ecosystem with containerization platforms like Kubernetes and Docker Help evaluate and integrate key technology vendors for testing, automation, and security-related initiatives.
- A passionate technical leader that will educate and motivate a team of engineers on best practices
- An excellent communicator
- Process oriented and relentless about proper documentation
- Someone who has a strong desire to leave things better than how you found them
- Eager to make everything repeatable and automated
- Comfortable developing and maintaining tooling to improve Minted’s infrastructure and engineering workflows
- Excited about new technologies and pioneering new frameworks when relevant
- 5+ years of experience in a Linux or similar operations environment (leadership experience preferred)
- Willingness to cross over into the app stack - we don’t believe in silos
- Experience with configuration management - the particular system is not important, but we use **Terraform **
- Ability to lead the design and implementation of system-level components that involves a team of engineers
- Extensive experience with in cloud services, such as AWS and GCP
- Experience in CI/CD tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins
- Experience managing credentials and secrets at runtime environment (AWS Secrets Manager, Vault)
- Experience in Kubernetes and its associated tools (Helm, Docker)
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent
artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form
of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the
principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of
crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and
have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on
Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is
located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices
in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures
SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo
and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative,
and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and
perspectives and will consider all qualified applicants for employment in
accordance with all state, local, and federal laws. Minted participates in the
E-verify program. Minted's Job Applicant Privacy