Location: (Remote) Latin America or United States
Employment Type: Full-time
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial
system for the world. Nova Credit’s diverse global team is stitching together
the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial
opportunities for immigrants and other populations historically excluded from
the credit system. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a
single, predictive cross-border credit database to help enable underwriting
decisions. We are backed by leading investors including Kleiner Perkins,
General Catalyst, and Index Ventures.
For a more in-depth look of our engineering culture, check out our page on
- Work collaboratively with Product, Data, and other engineering teams
- Design, extend, improve, and manage the complexity of our global financial data system (APIs, services, integrations)
- Deliver high quality solutions and features with speed and end-to-end ownership of your projects
- Participate in and improve our products' on-call rotations
- Improve and scale engineering processes, tools, and standards
- Mission-driven and passion to make a social impact
- Excitement over thinking creatively and analytically to solve ambiguous problems and unforeseen challenges
- Enjoy thinking about systems and writing high quality code
- Strong collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders to discover requirements and deliver a solution
- Have built and improved 3rd-party API integrations and internal/external APIs in the past
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience at a high growth or early-stage startup
- Experience with core parts of our stack (Node.JS, Express, React, ES6, Typescript, Postgres, Terraform, AWS) (Preferred, but not required)
- Experience at a fintech startup (Preferred, but not required)
- Build new APIs, or iterate on our existing Credit Passport API
- Launch an integration with a new credit bureau
- Build new tools for our customer success or data teams
NOVA CREDIT'S INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Step 1: The phone screen gives us a chance to learn more about you, your goals, and your interests. It’s also a chance for you to learn about us and get answers to your questions.
- Step 2: The technical assessment (a one-hour coding challenge) is intended to give you a taste of what you’ll be doing at Nova Credit. We avoid asking algorithmic questions, so you can expect to be asked to complete more practical tasks, such as working with an existing API, parsing JSON responses, or building a UI component.
- Step 3: The final round will give you the opportunity to meet additional engineers, have a conversation with your potential manager, and expose you to the Nova Credit culture. It is broken down into three one-hour technical sessions (coding challenges/systems design sessions) and a forty-five minute chat with the hiring manager.
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer
where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy.
We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural
and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.