Employment Type: Full Time
Team: Data Science
About One Concern
One Concern brings disaster science together with machine learning for better
decision-making. We quantify resilience from catastrophic perils, empowering
leaders to measure, mitigate, and transfer risk. We believe that by pioneering
cutting-edge science, we can make disasters less disastrous and, ultimately,
build planetary-scale resilience.
**The Role **
One Concern is growing rapidly and we are looking for a passionate, mission-
driven Data Scientist, Infrastructure Systems to join our team.
What You’ll Do
- Build a global-scale resilience model to predict the societal and economic impact and recovery of the built environment against disasters
- Design and develop an innovative and scalable resilience model for infrastructure systems such as power, water, and other systems.
- Design and develop a scalable framework to generate Digital Twins of built-environment
- Assess the potential usefulness and validity of new approaches and data sources.
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other domain scientists and engineers of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical/ML methods to solve challenges.
- Possess the ability to own and pursue a research agenda, including choosing impactful research problems and autonomously carrying out long-running projects
Qualifications & Experience
- Ph. D. or MS + 2 years industry experience in operation research, civil engineering, statistics, or related field.
- Background in infrastructure system, network systems, operations research, etc.
- Deep understanding in statistics, probability theory, machine learning, and/or quantitative analytics
- Ability to formulate unstructured real-world problems and provide solutions
- Proficient in Python (preferred) or R
- Experience working on applying models on geospatial data to solve real-world problems
Nice to Haves
- Domain knowledge in natural disasters and risk analyses
- Experience in model validation
- Experience in community resilience modeling
- Experience in large scale simulations
- Publication record
Compensation will be competitive with the market for this position and will
include equity consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, natural origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability