Location: United Kingdom (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
Work with a YCombinator company that supports over 1M developers across our
mobile and web push platforms and over 7,500 new developers sign up each week.
You will be able to interface with customers that include Volkswagen, Verizon,
Burger King, 7 Eleven, Zynga, Virgin Mobile, KFC, and many more. You will be
able to help provide best-in-class customer messaging with a SaaS provider for
large-scale websites and mobile apps. In collaboration with UK Elements Global
Services will help to grow a business exponentially.
We have a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't
stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on healthy life balance
and kindness in all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal
growth make us a uniquely great place to work.
Providing a delightful support experience for every customer (either large or
small) is a key part of our ongoing success.
We believe support is more than simply answering questions -- it's also a way
to better understand the needs of clients and to find ways to make services
easier to use. The technical nature of the questions received and the
opportunities to improve the product dashboard and SDKs make this a role that
will give you the opportunity to learn and apply new technologies each day.
In a typical month, the Customer Support Engineer might:
- Answer technical support questions via email messaging tools and chat
- Help customers set up the mobile SDKs including for Android, iOS, React Native, Ionic, Cordova, Flutter, Xamarin, Unity
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and debug general and technical issues
- Test endpoints of the REST API
- Evaluate crash logs and stack traces to help solve customer issues
- Collaborate with SDK stakeholders to patch bugs and ship updates
- Respond to Wordpress and Github issues
- Maintain knowledge base and create and maintain technical documentation and video tutorials for new products and features
- Build and maintain example code and projects
- Help with demos and customer onboarding
- Be the voice of our customers, and work closely with product and engineering teams to share customer feedback and make recommendations to improve the product
- Help to drive positive reviews on G2 and other review platforms
- Train customers on product enablement to improve overall customer retention
- Offer world-class support to both experienced developers and beginners
What you'll bring:
- Have experience or demonstrable interest in technology and programming
- Enjoy working with customers via video calls, e-mail, and chat
- Get excited about the opportunity to join a small but fast growing startup company
- Have patience and integrity working with customers from all over the world (~75% of our customers are international)
- Strong interpersonal and customer support skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Speaking Chinese fluently is a bonus - Opportunity to liaise with top customers in Asia
- Those with experience from technical bootcamps are welcome to apply
- Mobile experience or interest with SDKs is a plus
Qualities we look for:
- Friendliness and empathy
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Love of learning
Benefits and perks:
- Flexible work hours
- 20 days paid vacation + 8 holidays
- Yummy Foods: Lunch and snacks provided when in the office
- Choice of workstation!
- Sweet Swag: You'll need another closet for all the gear & jackets!
- Equity - as the company grows in value, you benefit
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face
discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin,
religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond
discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to
prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping)
from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden,
barriers to success have no place in our workplace.