Location: United States (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
1+ million mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send
push notifications, in-app messages, emails, and SMS messages. We started as a
YCombinator-backed company. Our founders were frustrated with existing push
notification tools, so we built our own system. Our customers can design
banners, pop-ups, and interstitials without a single line of code.
When you pick up your smartphone, the first thing you will see are push
notifications - maybe there’s a breaking news alert, a football game reminder,
a promo from your favorite retailer. Whatever it is, chances are the message
you are reading was sent using OneSignal. Now we help businesses send over 10
billion push notifications a day.
We have raised a total of $35M from investors including SignalFire, Y
Combinator, Rakuten Ventures, and Hubspot. OneSignal customers include
Volkswagen, Verizon, Burger King, 7 Eleven, Zynga, Virgin Mobile, KFC, and
many more. Join us in scaling the business! OneSignal has a lot of the great
tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we don't stop there.
OneSignal handles a large amount of scale sending over 10 billion messages a
day and also emphasizing a healthy life balance and kindness in all our
interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make OneSignal a
uniquely great place to work.
As an early and strategic member of the Operations team, you will be
responsible for unifying OneSignal’s data stack and enabling all teams to
confidently make data-based decisions to inform our growth & GTM strategy.
The Head of Analytics would also be expected to grow out a team and manage
Data Analysts as well as Data Engineers over time.
In a typical month, a Head of Analytics at OneSignal might:
- Maintain and build ETL pipelines between SaaS tools and the data warehouse. This could include Salesforce, Marketo, Intercom, NetSuite, Recurly, and backend entitlement data. In particular, making sure business teams have access to data they can action upon in their respective tooling to grow the business or to message our customers
- Maintain and scale a cloud data warehouse that can be connected to a business intelligence tool. This may mean using the current tool that we have (metabase) or evaluating new tools. This could also mean redesigning the way data is stored in our backend systems
- Build a tool that will allow people across the company to have access to data while fulfilling customer compliance obligations that will scale with the company growth
- Create automated cohort analysis and revenue bridges to monitor acquisition, expansion, and churn
- Help evaluate and develop and build automated tracking of KPIs across the business as well develop in depth reports and dashboards for individual groups across the organization
- Evaluate ways to increase the efficiency of internal data flows and centralize sources of truth
- Derive actionable insight from the data including working with sales teams, customer success, and others to build reports to both acquire and retain customers
- Additionally, this role will require strong cross functional collaboration particularly with the engineering team, product teams, sales, and marketing teams.
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years of professional experience, and 5+ years in analytics, business intelligence, data science or comparable fields preferred
- Skilled at querying relational databases (SQL) and ability to pull data from various sources
- Proficiency with at least one analytics language such as Python, R
- In-depth experience with web analytics tools and analyzing online customer behavior
- Familiarity with the Google Cloud Platform is preferred as our infrastructure is hosted on Google Cloud
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Knowledge of database systems and data pipelines
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc to develop and enhance dashboards and reports preferred
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Self Starter
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face
discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin,
religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond
discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to
prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping)
from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden,
barriers to success have no place in our workplace.