Location: United States (Remote)
Employment Type: Full-time
OneSignal is a Remote First Collaboration Company, offering Remote work as the
default option across the United States. We offer in-office experiences in
San Mateo, CA and New York, NY.
Our blog contains more information about
the OneSignal Engineering [career ladder](https://onesignal.com/blog/how-to-
culture, and our
diverse team. Our salary
bands are available on AngelList.
OneSignal’s vision is to power the world’s messages. Our customer engagement
platform enables our users to compose and send messages via mobile push, web
push, in-app, SMS, and email.
OneSignal has grown rapidly to where we are sending upwards of over 10 billion
messages daily, supporting over 750,000 live apps and 3.7% of the Internet.
Our open-source SDKs cover over 25
languages and developer platforms.
OneSignal has a lot of the great tech startup qualities you'd expect, but we
don't stop there. Our massive scale and small team, emphasis on kindness in
all our interactions, and focus on ownership and personal growth make
OneSignal a uniquely great place to work.
As an SDK-centric company, we’re constantly evolving our offerings and
improving the Developer Experience across the board. With that objective in
mind, we are looking for an experienced Developer Relations Director to join
our Developer Engineering team.
The mission of our Developer Relations team is to educate, engage, and empower
developers with OneSignal’s rich, intelligent, omni-channel messaging solution
using code, content, context, and community.
As our Head of Developer Relations, you will lead our worldwide developer
advocacy efforts. You will be responsible for evolving and executing on a
strategy that defines how OneSignal builds relationships with developers
across the globe.
We are seeking a driven, experienced, and enthusiastic leader to help us
elevate our relationship with our developer community and drive the next round
of 10x growth at OneSignal.
In a typical month, a Developer Relations Director at OneSignal might:
- Recruit, coach, and lead-by-example to staff a growing team of Developer Relations experts. Support and compress information to empower our Product and Marketing functions. Partner with other engineering and marketing leads to drive forward OneSignal thought leadership
- Serve as the Voice of the Developer. Providing strategic product feedback and meaningful Developer Experience context to our broader organization.
- Contribute to documentation, code samples, and sample projects
- Speak and represent OneSignal at conferences. Lead events to engage developers about OneSignal's product. Plan and review DevRel contributions to Content & Event Marketing efforts.
- Write technical blog posts and tutorials for the OneSignal blog or partner blogs
- Participate in online communities & forums with target audiences(Unity forum, StackOverflow, etc). Manage our OneSignal Developer Community.
- Engaging with developers where they are; troubleshooting customer issues, and developing or directing software system testing or validation procedures, programming, or documentation.
- Engage with the Developer Relations community to support recruiting of top practitioners.
- Conducting research on ecosystem trends, upstream software changes, and deepening domain knowledge.
What you'll bring:
- 12+ years experience in technical roles(Technical Program Manager, Software Engineer, Partner Engineer, Developer Advocate, Technical Writing, etc.)
- 5+ years experience as a leader of a technical group or DevRel team
- 5+ years experience developing in at least one of Web, Mobile, Desktop, Backend or Games development environments
- Deep expertise in developer advocacy and community engagement
- Proficiency in written and oral communications with a strong affinity for technical writing and obsession with creating content that inspires developers to adopt our products and build
- Ability to set a strong vision for the team and follow through to execution. Change management and project management experience, or experience working to coordinate activities with multiple stakeholders. Excellent collaboration and communication skills - leading execution across teams, influencing across organizations in small teams, and larger group presentation formats
Preferred skills and experience:
- Ability to establish relationships and build rapport to inform decision-making across the company
- Expertise at building strong relationships with technical and non-technical audiences, and can leverage creative thinking and efficient processes to improve Developer Experience
- Customer driven mentality, with a drive to go above and beyond to make sure our customers are successful
- Experience growing developer relations functions.
- Experience writing SDKs, Client Libraries, or other Developer Tools
- Polyglot engineer. Broad knowledge of diverse development environments
- Active engagement with a developer community
- Enjoys interacting with a developer ecosystem and is experienced in leveraging empathy for making better developer products
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to collaborate well on a team
- Can deliver solutions independently
- Self Starter
- Love of learning
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face
discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin,
religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond
discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to
prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping)
from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden,
barriers to success have no place in our workplace.