Employment Type: Full-time
Oomnitza offers enterprise IT a compelling solution to manage the
entirety of its technology investment. Unlike conventional siloed and complex
solutions, Oomnitza offers unprecedented visibility, control, and automation
to unify lifecycle management across endpoints, devices, applications,
networks, and cloud. Our Enterprise Technology Management solutions enable
some of the largest, popular, and most innovative companies in the world to
address critical requirements for security, compliance, employee experience,
and financial efficiency—with greater productivity and accelerated time to
value. Oomnitza is headquartered in San Francisco.
About the Role:
At Oomnitza, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We
count on our Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to empower our users with a
rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue
their missions - using DevSecOps methodologies. Our dynamic and innovative
team is growing and we are looking to add a highly motivated and experienced
Site Reliability Engineer to the team. As an experienced DevSecOps
practitioner, we will look to you to operate and deliver working systems based
on insights gathered from massive scale data in real time, ensuring Oomnitza’s
internal and external services are reliable while keeping an ever-watchful eye
on our systems, capacity, and performance. You’ll have the opportunity to
experience the complex challenges of building and running large-scale, fault
tolerant, and secure distributed microservice based systems worldwide.
Specifically, we are searching for someone who:
- Brings fresh ideas to the table, and demonstrates a unique and informed
- Enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world
solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction
What You’ll Do:
- Gather and analyze metrics from our platform and applications to continually improve our performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with our world-class engineering teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts while working closely with engineering professionals within the company to enable projects to be completed efficiently
- Develop, monitor and manage the entire system landscape by balancing feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
- Participate in the development and implementation of practices, procedures, and technology to ensure our system landscapes are operating within our Security, Compliance, and Availability commitments.
- Plan, prepare, and execute system upgrades.
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes company-wide
- This position will be part of an on-call rotation
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrable experience with the following technologies: Configuration Management (Salt/Ansible), AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, mySQL, Amazon RDS, networking, and build automation, ideally for a SaaS Enterprise applications software company
- A understanding of relevant best practices regarding system security measures to meet or exceed industry standard audit/compliance requirements
- Experience working together as part of a cross-functional team from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
Our Benefits Package:
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Introducing employee equity plan
- Health Insurance for your spouse and dependents
- Pension, Life insurance and Income protection
- Remote working & flexible work schedules. Working from home equipment allowance
- Choice of preferred equipment, Mac or PC.
- Regular, fun social events and workshops.
What we offer:
- At Oomnitza, we are committed to the happiness, success and fulfillment of our employees. Our goal is to create an environment to allow you to thrive both personally and professionally. We believe that this opportunity provides for future career growth as well as a very competitive benefits and remuneration package which will enable you to meet your own career goals.
- You will be a valued member of the team that owns the SaaS landscape for our global customer base running on AWS - from Source to Production.
- Career Growth: Top performers will have an opportunity to help shape the team. Working directly with the founders to drive initiatives and create a structure that scales
- Market-competitive salary
- A once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity to get onboard a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by C5 Capital, Shasta Ventures, Riverside Acceleration Capital, and Hummer Winblad
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can sometimes get in the
way of meeting exceptional candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply —
we’d love to hear from you.
Oomnitza recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status,
and other protected status as required by applicable law.