Employment Type: Full-time
Oomnitza offers enterprise IT a compelling solution to manage the
entirety of its technology investment. Unlike conventional siloed and complex
solutions, Oomnitza offers unprecedented visibility, control, and automation
to unify lifecycle management across endpoints, devices, applications,
networks, and cloud. Our Enterprise Technology Management solutions enable
some of the largest, popular, and most innovative companies in the world to
address critical requirements for security, compliance, employee experience,
and financial efficiency—with greater productivity and accelerated time to
value. Oomnitza is headquartered in San Francisco.
About the Role:
Team Oomnitza is looking for an experienced and driven Senior Python
Engineer to work on the next generation of SaaS enterprise software. You
have a passion for simple, elegant design and shipping quality product. As a
member of our ambitious team, you should be a self-motivated individual with a
strong sense of accountability and thrive in a dynamic team environment. We’re
looking for people that are excited to help build an infrastructure that
translates into a positive experience for customers of any size.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as senior contributor to the Oomnitza SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Understand requirements and stakeholder expectations
- Create design docs and technical specifications
- Plan and estimate level of effort (creating sub-tasks)
- Perform peer code reviews and team mentorship
- Work with the Customer Success team to identify bugs and implement fixes
- Daily ticket participation (close issues, status updates, add new bugs and ideas)
- Help improve existing technology and processes
- Identify deficiencies in existing components
- Develop efficient, reliable, and scalable microservices
What We’re Looking For:
- A deep understanding of OO design, data structures, and REST/SOAP APIs.
- Solid industry experience with Python (5+ years) and Python web frameworks (Pyramid, Django, etc.)
- Proven experience designing and building cloud native products
- Knowledge of threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Expertise with relational databases (MySQL/RDS) and query tuning/optimization
- Understanding of agile software development processes
- Analytical and adept at problem solving with attention to detail
- Expert Linux user with strong understanding of command line tools and basic shell scripting
- Collaborative nature with effective English communication skills
- IT industry background preferred
Our Benefits Package:
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Introducing employee equity plan
- Health Insurance for your spouse and dependents
- Pension, Life insurance and Income protection
- Remote working & flexible work schedules. Working from home equipment allowance
- Choice of preferred equipment, Mac or PC.
- Regular, fun social events and workshops.
What we offer:
- Market Competitive Salary ** **
- A progressive, healthy work culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Top performers will have an opportunity to help shape the team. Working directly with the founders to drive initiatives and create a structure that scales.
- A once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity to get onboard a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by C5 Capital, Shasta Ventures, Riverside Acceleration Capital, and Hummer Winblad
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can sometimes get in the
way of meeting exceptional candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply —
we’d love to hear from you.
Oomnitza recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of
race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status,
and other protected status as required by applicable law.