Employment Type: Full Time
Team: Delivery Services
People come to work at Parallel Wireless because we are building the future of telecom. They stay, because they are challenged and driven by an incredible product and team. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, and our culture fosters an atmosphere of empowerment, trust, respect, and communication. Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager with experience in managing Customer Activities,
Deployments, Discussions, Schedules, Communication, and handling budget and ownership of P&L for the
projects in the wireless telecom domain (Both at CORE Datacenter & remote Access Sites).
Good knowledge of various wireless telecom technology and their bearing on- field implementation.
Must have experience of project costing considering time and efforts during the Pre-Sales offer development stage.
This position will report to Regional Vice President- Africa, Services Delivery & Field Operations
What you will do
• Managing the complete Lifecycle of complex wireless telecom Projects like new rollout, swap,
technology upgrade, (Both at CORE Datacenter & remote Access Sites), etc.
• Managing concurrently multiple projects in various geographies.
• Work with Customers and other team members to create & present weekly reports and track critical
• Work with customers and team members to coordinate cross-functional activities and complete the
project on time.
• Balance multiple large and critical tasks.
• Communicate with customer operations/department heads in the wireless telecom Industry.
• Work independently from a Services delivery perspective.
• Support Sales in cost budgeting during Pre-Sales / Offer Development stage for Services Portion of
• Understand both internal and external organizations and processes.
• Know-how of HSE in the wireless telecom industry and local geographic and customer requirements.
• Handle multi-ethnic teams, multiple service vendors.
• Strong communication skills customer relationship and escalation management, issue resolutions.
What you must have
• Minimum 10-12 years of Hands-on Project Management experience and managing Project
Schedules, Scope, RAM, SLA, execution/deployment, Customer Acceptances, Cost, and Quality in
Wireless telecom space in the Africa region.
• Professional Project Management Credentials.
• Thorough understanding of the Project Risk assessment and Mitigation in the wireless telecom
• Thorough understanding of Project cost budgeting & spending’s during the Pre-Sales stage and
delivering the same during the order fulfillment stage.
• Thorough understanding of managing Services Partners / Vendors before, during, and after project
• Thorough understanding of spare part management including warranties and RMA management in
the wireless mobile industry.
• Thorough understanding of Shipments, Customs clearances, Inland logistics, and Warehousing.
• Ability to optimum utilization of tools, tackles, and machinery including vehicles across the projects.
• Ensuring that internal and external (Services Partners) teams are adhering to HSE norms of the
customer and local geography.
• Excellent Verbal and Communication Skills.
• Expert writing and communications skills.
• Ability to Travel as needed.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s (B.S) degree with 10-12 years of experience in the Telecommunication or Network
• Professional PM Certification, ESI, PMP, or Equivalent is a plus
• Proficiency in tools like Primavera, MS Projects etc. is an added advantage
Parallel Wireless is the leading U.S.-based company challenging the world’s legacy vendors with the industry’s only unified ALL G (5G/4G/3G/2G) software- enabled OpenRAN solutions. Its cloud-native OpenRAN and network architectures redefine network economics for global mobile operators in both coverage and capacity deployments, while also paving the way to 5G. Through open collaboration with the OpenRAN ecosystem partners, Parallel Wireless has created the world’s first and largest fully-compliant OpenRAN ecosystem that is capable of delivering next generation wireless infrastructure at a dramatically lower cost, ensuring more equal access to 5G across the globe. The company’s OpenRAN portfolio is designed to help customers modernize their networks, reduce deployment costs and complexity, increase operational efficiency, enable interoperability, find new revenue streams, and start deploying multi-vendor 5G networks today. The company’s customers include over 60 global mobile operators, as well as private and public industries and governments that use their software-defined network portfolio to reimagine their networks. Parallel Wireless's innovation and excellence in multi- technology, open virtualized RAN solutions have been recognized with 65+ industry awards. Please visit www.parallelwireless.com for more information.
Parallel Wireless embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams representing all backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives, and empowering industry- leading skills. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Parallel Wireless does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies or individuals. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Parallel Wireless employees or any other company location. Parallel Wireless is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.