Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: Open Roles
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) connects job seekers across North America to world class industry mentorship and career coaching to help them land a new career. The program is free upfront and our customers pay us back when they’re hired.
Built around aligned incentives, we help build equity in the job search process by providing 1-on-1 mentorship, training, and a platform to uplift job seekers and ultimately, help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. We’ve already helped more than a thousand fellows land meaningful jobs, and helped them earn over $100M in salary.
Last year, we raised our Series A and there is even more exciting growth on the horizon. In 2022, we have already expanded from 6 to 14 industries, launched a tiered pricing system with differentiated product offerings, and much more.
Our Mission 🚀
Our mission is to help people everywhere build their careers by being the world’s best career agency.
We believe the job search system is broken and can be fixed with a business model that acts on behalf of the job seeker, instead of on behalf of employers, recruiters, or schools. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our mission in our manifesto.
As Head of Career, you will oversee our team of full-time and part-time career mentors, the largest team at Pathrise! (40 full-time mentors and 9 part-time mentors). You can learn more about the career team [here](https://www.notion.so/pathrise/Career-Team-Culture-at- Pathrise-4c81442567814e87a24c6d03830a157f). You will report to the CEO.
There are two core pillars to career team strategy at Pathrise that you will be responsible for:
- Account Management - Our career mentors function as account managers for our customers, meeting with them consistently to help them with their job search and ensure they are having a positive Pathrise experience. You will be responsible for driving operational efficiency and consistency within this account management structure to provide an exceptional customer experience while also leading optimizations that will allow us to scale.
- Program Development - Many teams at Pathrise have a hand in shaping our program structure and design. The career team in particular plays a critical role in developing curriculum, mentorship playbooks, and more. You will play a key role in program development to help Pathrise become the go-to program for credible job search support that is backed with cutting edge research, industry trends, and data.
You will serve as the people manager for:
- The Chief of Staff for the career team, who will serve as your right hand person and accountability partner. The CoS will support by taking on projects and initiatives, executing on internal communications, optimizing administrative workflows and much more.
- The Career Agency Manager, who manages the Pathrise Pro program offering
- Our 5 Career Leads, who manage our Career Mentors
** This role is remote within the US only, and is not currently available to applicants located outside of the US. US work authorization is required.**
👋 We are a tight-knit community that champions for our staff to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone. Although we are remote we have many virtual and company sponsored in-person events. We also value diversity - our Career team is made up of mentors from a variety of different backgrounds and identities, and exemplifies what Pathrise stands for externally as well as internally. Read more about how we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment: [What DE&I means to Pathrise ](https://kevintxwu.medium.com/what-de-i-means- to-pathrise-cf8bfdfdfb8d)❤️🧡💛🖤🤎
Our interview process:
- Phone chat with Kelly, Chief of Staff at Pathrise
- Take home assignment
- Assignment Retro Interview
- Final Round Interview
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here : https://www.pathrise.com/apply.