Location: Shenzhen, China
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Mechanical Engineering
At PCH, we encourage you to be you.
What sets PCH apart is our people. We celebrate and value the unique voice each person brings to PCH. We are committed to strengthening our teams by creating opportunity and developing careers with people of different backgrounds, including race, religion, culture, ability, identity, orientation, gender, age, experience, perspective and more. Be you and be part of our team.
With an impressive customer roster, we are growing our team. We are looking to recruit talented, passionate and driven individuals to our exceptional team in Shenzhen, China. Our Innovation Hub is home to our product development and new product introduction team, including mechanical, electrical, firmware, process, tooling, equipment, and quality engineers, program managers and operational staff. Partnering with our product engineering colleagues in San Francisco, we work together to guide our customers through our product development platform from concept to the consumer out-of-box experience.
Does this sound like the place for you? Please read through the job description carefully and submit all requested application materials. We are thrilled to be growing our team and can't wait to meet you!
The Senior Manager of Mechanical Engineering is the leader of the PCH Mechanical Engineering team in Shenzhen. This manager leads a high-performing team of mechanical engineers working on all aspects of new product development – from concept, design, NPI and into mass production. The responsibilities of this role include:
• Leading and coaching a high performing, senior-level mechanical design team with a passion for developing market leading products for our clients.
• Development of the Mechanical Engineering team to grow capabilities and skills of the function, based on project pipeline and workload
• Driving the use of solid engineering methodologies and best practices in the team to systematically identify risks and address them during our Product Development process
• Ability to effectively communicate and present technical details to a diverse and global client group, must be fluent in English
This role has a great deal of decision-making autonomy, with an opportunity to “make decisions” by himself/herself and bring best mechanical design practices to PCH. This also provides an opportunity for the right candidate to make a high-level impact on PCH’s Product Development success and direction. Furthermore, the challenge includes taking these best practices to a diversity of products from different markets, including consumer, IOT, personal care, health and others. Significant management experience is necessary with a strong passion for innovation and communication.
· Manage, direct and support the Mechanical Engineering team.
· Hire, train, develop, teach, coach, mentor, motivate, discipline, and reward staff members.
· Meet regularly with direct reports to review performance, identify any issues and set expectations and goals.
· Regular communication with clients worldwide.
· Determines resource needs, develops plans, tracks progress to those plans, resolves conflicts and delivers scheduled milestones to projects.
· Collaborates with Program Management to develop schedules, project plans, and cost estimates for implementing new product introductions and significant product enhancements for our clients.
· Mentors less experienced staff on technical issues and handling projects and responsibilities; considered a strong leader and role model for ME team
· Ensures engineers follow appropriate documentation guidelines and hold design reviews in accordance with product development procedures.
· Leads team in developing, validating, and documenting product and process requirements.
· Work with senior management in the initial phase of a new concept product and effective identify the potential key risks from ME point of view, then study the mitigation plan together with team members.
· Hands on mechanical design experience, ideal in E-devices or small appliances industry
· Fluent in using DOE and other methodology to mitigate risks in product development
· Comfortable driving multiple initiatives at a rapid pace, making thoughtful recommendations with available data.
· Ability to face external clients alone by providing/presenting innovative solutions and delivering a sense of confidence on design to all level of customers
· Active, high-energy communicator who drives a company vision/mission to align teams, critical resources, management, and stakeholders.
· Demonstrated track record of developing and launching successful, innovative products; has a thorough understanding of product development processes and how they affect design decisions.
· Can make design review internally within ME team
· BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
· 5+ year of experience managing engineering teams and successfully bringing high volume, consumer oriented, electro-mechanical products to mass production.
· 8+ years successfully bringing high volume consumer-oriented products to mass production.
· Some domestic and international travel may be required.
If it can be imagined, it can be made.
At PCH, we push past the normal standards of customer satisfaction, engineering and manufacturing ingenuity, and what it means to be a collaborative team.
We partner with innovative Fortune 500 companies and startups that are passionate about design, brand, and the consumer experience. We help guide product development through all phases of the product journey -- from concept and design engineering, manufacturing, postponement and fulfillment, to supply chain and inventory management. Hardware development is fast-paced and rewarding. At PCH we are proud to celebrate our successes as a team.
If you are an imaginative, thoughtful, and open-minded innovator, we'd love to meet you.