Employment Type: Full-Time
Presto is a market leader in restaurant labor productivity, overlaying next-
generation digital solutions onto the physical world. Its enterprise-grade
touch, vision, and voice technologies help hospitality businesses thrive while
delighting guests. Presto’s solutions are designed to enable restaurants to do
more with less by increasing their guest-to-staff ratios, improving speed and
quality of service, identifying bottlenecks, and offering guests a superior
experience. These solutions include:
**● Voice: ** Guests and staff can place orders in a natural conversational
style via automated speech recognition artificial intelligence with over 94%
accuracy, even in noisy environments.
**● Vision: ** Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision,
restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat
visitors and implement real-time solutions.
**● Touch: ** Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the
same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or
drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, empower, challenge, and coach a team of exceptional engineers to grow their impact as individual technical leaders by providing them with context and continuous feedback.
- Be a highly technical leader who collaborates across teams to architect and develop effective solutions to delight customers.
- Effectively prioritize and manage our engineering roadmaps in alignment with our product roadmap.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across Platform Engineering partners and customers throughout the engineering teams.
- Collaborate closely within the broader Productivity Engineering organization, delivering cohesive solutions.
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities.
- 5 years of experience as an engineering manager and 10 years of software development experience with at least 5 years on Android.
- Solid experience guiding software development teams of 10 or more, implementing processes, settings, and achieving goals.
- Excellent understanding of Android SDK and/or NDK, build tools, CI/CD, and Android application framework architecture.
- Deep understanding of one or two Android application framework domains.
- As a hands-on leader, you will have experience in design, coding, debugging Android application frameworks, and automotive infotainment systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent record of developing products with an eye for simplicity.
- Experience working with OEM partners.
What sets you apart:
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams, ideally with hybrid teams.
- Proactive at giving and receiving feedback with a growth mindset. You initiate the hard conversations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; adept at active listening.
- Experience working closely with or on a central development platform and tooling team.
- Thoughtful exercising of strong judgment in ambiguous situations.
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation
technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is
headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif. with customers including many of the
top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We welcome you to visit our investor page to learn more about Presto’s recent
announcement to be Publicly Listed Through a Merger with Ventoux CCM
Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: VTAQ)https://presto.com/public-listing-merger/