Location: HQ- San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-time
Team: Materials Development
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. The company’s next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.
Our quick progress is due in part to excellent facilities in our laboratories, automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to a leadership role in this critical part of the future energy economy? As a Consulting Member of Technical Staff, you will impact advanced research activity as we push the boundary of next-generation batteries for electric vehicles.
QuantumScape is seeking a highly motivated senior leader with a science or engineering background and excellent interpersonal skills to guide our development and decision making. You will quickly learn how the technology works, identify challenges and opportunities, and help the advanced research team prioritize work and tackle difficult research questions. This position will start as an individual contributor, with the addition of teaming resources as projects spin out.
- Design and execute experiments to identify materials for high energy density batteries
- Optimize electrode and electrolyte materials stable at high voltage
- Perform failure analyses and materials characterization to understand the limits of new materials
- Collaborate with chemists, materials scientists, process engineers, and technicians in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment
- Deliver high-quality technical reports to colleagues
Experience and Education
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in an engineering or scientific field focused on battery materials research
- 10+ years working in a research role including materials analytical techniques (e.g. XPS, XRD, Raman microscopy, SIMS, perhaps even synchotron or neutron diffraction)
- You can break down complex problems into clear experiments
- You think quantitatively and you are comfortable with statistical analysis
- You are skilled at leading with mutual trust and respect
- You communicate clearly and openly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.