Location: QS Japan
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-time
Team: Materials Development
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is a world-leading battery company with a mission to commercialize solid-state battery technology. Our leap in energy density and fast charge rate is attributed to our solid-state chemistry which also benefits safety. Our rapid technical development progress is due to a highly motivated and talented team, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a data-centric decision-making approach, and a clear set of core values.
Do you want to join us and transform the future energy economy? This is an exciting opportunity to setup and sustain QuantumScape's first overseas R&D center! You will play a crucial role in planning and performing the operations of this R&D center, and pioneer the cathode technologies to our product.
Responsible for setting up the R&D lab with appropriate support functions, compliance to local regulations and EHS requirements
· Lab space and facility planning, equipment layout and installation support
· Coordinate with project managers and general contractors for lab construction
· Be the point of contact for project execution and help the team stay organized and aligned throughout the lab construction
Sustain laboratory day-to-day operations, maintain inventories, communicate with landlord and service providers
· Manage materials and equipment supplier relationships
· budgeting and purchasing for the lab
· Responsible for project planning and execution; establish and supervise project timeline, guide projects from kick-off through successful completion
· Responsible for communication and alignment with QuantumScape headquarters; provide weekly update to R&D mgmt. Facilitate communication across projects and teams
Recruit, set annual goals and performance review. Responsible for a small R&D team supporting solid-state cathode materials development
**Qualifications & requirements **
· BS/MS with 10 years or PhD with 6 years of proven experience
· Has operations experiences in building and managing a R&D lab; leadership experience in building trust and leading people
· OK to travel to San Jose headquarters twice a year
· Love working closely with a team in an energizing and fast pace environment
· Bilingual in English and Japanese
· Good interpersonal and communication skills allow you to effectively work out requirements, resources and timelines
The following is a plus
· Direct experience with battery or solid-state battery materials R&D
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.