Location: HQ- San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-time
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
In close coordination with the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Accountant participates in all aspects of the bi-weekly payroll cycle. The Payroll Accountant ensures compliance with QuantumScape procedures as well as Multi state, and federal regulations.
• 3-5 years of end-to-end payroll processing experience for U.S (United States). publicly traded, high growth companies with at least 600 + employee, including progressive responsibilities
• Demonstrated experience with payroll systems and processes for a medium to large organization
• Develop and implement efficient payroll processes, policies, and procedures to ensure proper internal controls and compliance with relevant wage and hour labor laws
• Ensures policies and procedures are followed for the timely generation of payroll (i.e. timely accurate paychecks are issued in accordance with state and federal regulations)
• Provides support in all areas of payroll cycle as needed, including processing bi-weekly payroll, garnishments and levies, manual checks/adjustments, LOA payment integration, and timekeeping review and audit
• Prepare, analyze, and maintain all internal and external payroll related reports, including governmental and regulatory filings
• Strong knowledge of Payroll and Tax issues to ensure payroll is processed accurately and in full compliance. • Proactively identify root causes for any payroll discrepancies and resolve issues on a timely basis
• Experience with financial record keeping, including accounting theories as applied to payroll transactions
• Process payroll based on any Stock related activities
• Strong ability with spreadsheets, computer applications such as MS Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, ADP Workforce Now and SAP. Experience with larger ERP systems, preferably SAP.
• Experience with multi-state garnishment and wage levy processing
• Necessary skills include the ability to work with minimal direction and the ability to effectively organize work, including a broad knowledge of accounting/general office procedures and the ability to follow detailed complex instructions
• Able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team. Demonstrated initiative and thorough and timely follow-through
• Assists in special projects designed to streamline systems and workflow
• Remains current with federal, state, and local rulings by studying existing, and new legislation (e.g. APA, seminars/webinars)
• Keeps abreast of system upgrades and assists with special projects and testing
• Assists with accurate and timely quarter and year-end tax reconciliation and reporting
• Handles escalated customer service issues while keeping Payroll Manager informed;
• Assists with questions and workflow as needed in the absence of the Payroll Manager
• Relates with others in a positive and professional manner so that maximum job results are produced
• Maintains payroll schedule/calendar for processing in coordination with QuantumScape and bank holidays • Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions while keeping manager informed
• Compose a variety of correspondence and reports, which requires judgment regarding content, accuracy, and completeness
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Business Administration, Payroll Certification, or related work/business experience
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now and SAP (preferred) and with automated time and attendance systems • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently, collaborate with internal and external departmental staff, as demonstrated by the ability to communicate policies and procedures clearly
• Strong research, critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills
• Ability to strategically prioritize payroll and multiple projects as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.