Location: HQ- San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: People Operations
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. The company’s next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Compensation and Benefits Specialist to join the Human Resources team and help our company scale, our managers to lead, and our people to grow. In this role, you will define the compensation job structure through external market benchmarking and balancing internal alignment to provide for an attractive total compensation package. You will also collaborate with our benefits partners to deliver an outstanding employee experience regarding an overall health and wellness strategy!
Compensation Job Responsibilities:
- Design compensation programs and processes to serve as a trusted advisor to business leaders, HR Business Partners, and Talent Acquisition teams
- Conduct market studies and analysis of base, variable and equity to ensure pay parity, competitiveness, and alignment to our evolving compensation philosophy
- Advise and educate our compensation philosophies and programs to bring a vision of efficient and effective business processes to life
- Lead the administration of our cyclical company-wide performance management and compensation programs
- Make recommendations to drive process improvements in order to advance compensation workflows and program delivery
- Stay up-to-date with applicable employment-related statutory requirements regarding employee pay and compliance with current compensation-related legislation
- Proactively share relevant information and timely updates for improved organizational performance
Benefits Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee benefit plan administration for health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and other employee benefits as required for the exempt and non- exempt employee population
- Coordinate employee health and wellness programs and events
- Coordinate preparation and rollout of annual open enrollment process and communication of benefit changes
Educational and Technical Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Compensation and Benefits with a focus on the design and administration of Total Rewards, Health Care and Wellness plans is required
- Strong analytical, planning, organizing, and adaptation skills
- Advanced Excel skills (must be comfortable using or learning advanced formulas such as VLOOKUP, If statements, and pivot tables)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to ensure accurate worksheets
- Ability to map processes from end-to-end to identify gaps and improve efficiency
- Experience working with SAP SuccessFactors (HRIS platform), compensation planning tools, compensation market pricing tools desired.
- Experience using Radford compensation surveys
- Understanding of equity compensation program practices and administration is preferred
- Experience working with ADP WorkforceNow is also nice to have.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.