Location: HQ- San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. Our next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.
What You’ll Do
As Senior Corporate Counsel at QuantumScape, you will be responsible for a broad range of U.S. securities and corporate law matters, and will:
- Lead the coordination and support of securities transactions and filings, including '33 Act and Section 16 reporting, proxy statements, public offerings, and subsidiary formation;
- Assist in the preparation of board and committee materials and advise the executive team on corporate governance matters;
- Grow with the company’s needs by offering legal support to internal stakeholders, such as our R&D, manufacturing, finance, human resources, investor relations, info security and other teams, across a diversity of topics, including:
· Compensation arrangements, stock administration and 10b5-1 trading plans;
· Investor Relations and Corporate Communications matters, including earnings releases, press releases, and management presentations to investors and securities professionals;
· Business Development and Sales teams review, drafting and negotiation of complex contracts or other legal documentation with customers, suppliers, and others who desire to contract with the Company;
· Continuous improvement of policies and procedures, and drive the relevant company-wide training sessions;
· Other special projects as they arise from time to time.
The Team You’ll Join
You will report to the VP of Legal and will be joining a dynamic and growing team of 5 other legal professionals. As an early member of the Legal team, you will have the opportunity to meaningfully shape the strategic direction of our legal function.
The Experience You’ll Need
We are looking for first-rate talent. At minimum, you will have a J.D. degree from a national law school, a state bar membership in good standing, and at least 6 years of combined U.S. public company experience at a premier law firm and/or high-growth public company.
Qualities You’ll Bring
You have a strong sense of mission and are looking to help build something of consequence.
You demonstrate a bias towards action, are proactive and have the strong ability to both operate independently and work collaboratively with various teams across the organization.
You have the psychological flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to evolving role in the context of larger organizational changes. You are willing to work on matters outside the comfort zone of a traditional corporate securities lawyer.
You hold yourself to the highest levels of integrity, authenticity and humility. You value the humanity in all our colleagues, act respectfully and with good intentions at all times, and consider and learn from the views of others.
You carry a growth mindset, willing to expand your domains of competence and knowledge, including battery science basics!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.