Location: HQ- San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-time
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is looking to redefine the energy storage sector to enable a sustainable future, and we want you on our diverse and innovative team!
We are seeking a motivated SeniorProduction Manager for our Manufacturing team. You will be playing a vital role in training, developing, and building a team that will orchestrate the production and development of battery cells. As the Production Manager, you will recruit, lead, and manage a team which includes supervisors, operators, and technicians.
- Ensure safety and conduct policies are prioritized and met among all employees.
- Build and continuously develop a strong, motivated production team.
- Resolves problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Prioritize and manage production activities according to organization needs and plans.
- Monitor and report on production KPI’s as needed to technical and management teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Quality and Engineering to synchronize activities and ensure organized execution of activities.
- Mentor and develop supervisory teams.
- Facilitate the development and deployment of standard works whenever a gap is identified.
- Recommend and implement changes to product or process in order to improve cost, delivery and quality.
- Monitor, analyze and report on all processes and departmental performance. This position is directly responsible for the output of the machines.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 5+ years experience managing teams of people. Industry experience in lithium-ion batteries preferred.
- Experience working in development programs a plus.
- BS or MS in a technical field and/or evidence of outstanding experience.
- Can demonstrate ability to perform under high pressure.
- Creatively develop production performance metrics (efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs).
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent computer and systems knowledge: Strong literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and line management tools, including routine equipment maintenance, statistical process control, lean manufacturing, MES/SCADA systems, and TPM.
- Strong collaboration with a focus on promoting teamwork while growing your internal trust network through integrity and passion for the challenges we face.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.