Location: HQ- San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time/Part-time
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
Do you want to help build world-class manufacturing capabilities in the energy industry? We need a Sr. Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team and ensure the company can rapidly scale its operations to commercialize this technology and change the world.
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future. QuantumScape is an energy storage technology company, located in San Jose, California, and we are working on a fundamental disruption in the field of energy storage.
· Financial support/ business partnering for Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain including oversight and preparation of forecasts and annual budget process, as well as management of actual performance vs forecast / budget.
· Provide forecasting, analysis and monitoring of capital investment. Optimize working capital footprint and develop cost benefit models for new capital projects, track and analyze spend and ROI performance vs. plan.
· Lead month-end close process in support of manufacturing business. Ownership of P&L and balance sheet activities, including product costing, inventory management and COGS.
· Support in SAP/ SAC Planning software implementation through design development, process flow, and system testing. Provide continued system support after launch.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to provide clear insight on how operational performance is driving financial performance & inventory levels with a focus on cost reduction.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting preferably in a manufacturing environment
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Business or Economics; MBA/CPA/CMA preferred
· SAP ERP and SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) a plus
· Strong understanding of cost accounting under US GAAP
· Experience providing finance support to business units
· Advanced Excel & PPT skills
· Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills
· Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail and articulate the key findings to management
· Familiarity with manufacturing operations, solid understanding of cost accounting principles, as well as strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and people management skills.
· Detail oriented
· Independent self-starter
· High performer with ability to navigate effectively in an ambiguous fast- paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.