Location: San Francisco
Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
Come be a member of our international, multi-disciplinary Brand Design team
where you will take part in helping to craft the future of our expanding reach
of brand and product marketing. Our passionate design team values
collaboration, sharing ideas, and championing user-centered experiences across
the organization. The Brand Design team at Rocket Lawyer works with cross-
functional partners owning the design and execution of projects for marketing,
product, company culture and more. You will work with many departments to not
only elevate our brand identity but help to maintain a consistent company
voice, look and experience, internally and externally.
About the Role
The ideal candidate is an experienced visual designer with an emphasis on
digital marketing (not product design). They possess a keen eye for details
and aesthetics but can also communicate the “why” of their decisions.
Reporting to the Brand Design Manager, this designer can effortlessly handle
multiple projects at a time and is able to see things holistically while
diving into the details. You should be highly skilled at creating landing
pages that convert, display ads that grab eyeballs, emails that retain
customers and have big ideas that help us evolve our brand identity as we
grow. This is an opportunity to develop and define how small businesses and
consumers get legal solutions anytime, anywhere and join us in expanding the
Rocket Lawyer brand on a global scale.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with the design team to ideate creative approaches to business goals and execute designs across various channels, maintaining a holistic view of your designs’ impact and reach.
- Be user-centric and deliver engaging marketing and content throughout important life events for our SMB, landlord and personal users.
- Design integrated campaigns including landing pages, paid social ads, emails, and more within the styles defined in our evolving brand identity and take part in helping define where that goes.
- Work with other marketing partners to create branded content and assets as part of new seasonal campaigns.
- Help create and maintain, design systems, guidelines and assets
- Create presentations for executive team members
- Hands-on design delivering detailed, pixel perfect assets and specs to developers and media channels.
What you'll need
- Minimum 3+ years experience in digital marketing, brand design and/or web design.
- Can manage multiple projects at a time.
- “Initiative” is your middle name, you’re not afraid to ask questions, bring new ideas to the table, and get stuff done.
- Experience designing for responsive web and native mobile applications.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in expressing design decisions to your team members.
- A strong business acumen.
- Approach problem solving with a positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate with your Teammates.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber creative thinking, visual design, branding, and web design skills.
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, GoogleSuite and experience within a Jira workstream
- Authorization to work in the United States and ideally you reside in the San Francisco Bay Area for occasional meetings or events, yet this role is mostly WFH.
- Experience designing for subscription-based SaaS products
- Agency and in-house brand team experience, yet not required
- Working knowledge of video and animation programs including video editing experience.
- Detail oriented, driven and self-motivated.
- Low ego yet stands up for a good idea.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible work environment
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program with Match
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program