Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered. We are in a unique
position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never
seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are
expanding our team to take on this challenge!
The London office is based in Shoreditch. We are a highly motivated team who
are passionate and dedicated to working towards our mission.
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer, the world’s first global legal platform, is looking for a
Business Development Associate to run our strategic business initiatives in
the UK. The Business Development organization at Rocket Lawyer is focused on
GTM and scaling Rocket Lawyer’s most innovative and nascent technologies and
strategies. In this role, you will partner with our SR. Manager and VP of
Business Development to help define, build and execute on innovative business
strategies that will help Rocket Lawyer scale its enterprise technology
partnerships in the UK and Europe.
The ideal candidate brings an entrepreneurial spirit, an eagerness to learn
and lead, a strong curiosity, and must be comfortable with ambiguity. A
background in LegalTech, InsurTech, FinTech, SaaS, B2B software, or SMB
software is highly preferred. You will need exceptional business acumen,
commercial creativity and relationship building skills as well as experience
working and leading cross-functional teams.
They will be driving important partnerships from inception through joint go-
to-market activities. A background in marketing and/or developer evangelism is
preferred, but not required.
A Day in the Life
- Work closely with the senior business development team to strategise on key accounts, industries
- Research companies, sectors and markets to optimise our approach
- Define and implement intelligent outbound campaigns – email, phone, events and more
- Identify and target future key clients and contacts
- Look for opportunities to innovate and optimise lead generation
- Secure initial meetings with senior executives and jump-start new business opportunities
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term partnerships which add value to the organization.
- Travel (up to 25%) may be required after the pandemic
- 2-4 years of enterprise software/SaaS work experience in Business Development roles
- Demonstrated success in advancing and growing businesses globally
- Proven ability to transform strategy into action and drive results
- Oversee each step of the business development lifecycle: Strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting, and implementation
- Good sense and knowledge on terms & conditions and legal contract issues
- Success building senior-level and cross functional relationships quickly and effectively internally and at partner organizations
- Ability to communicate clearly and distill complexity into action
- Excellent project management ability, capable of leading multiple time-sensitive cross-functional projects
- Active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and empathy for your partners and customers
- Authentic : You’re authentic, energetic, persuasive. You love collaborating with and interacting with people from all walks of life.
- Problem Solver : You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- Collaborative : You love working with partners, customers and colleagues. You love making others better at their job. You have the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members within the organization.
- Learning on the Fly : Open to change and learn quickly when faced with new problems – you quickly grasp new systems and concepts, and can apply them to your work. You are relentless in finding solutions to existing and new issues.
- Metrics Oriented : Analytical and metrics-oriented. You use data-driven decision making and judgment to pursue business opportunities and deals.
- Empathetic & Compassionate: You have a general concern for the wellbeing of others and the desire to work on problems that maximize a positive environment for others.