Location: San Francisco, California or Utah or Colorado or North Carolina
Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped more than 25 million people create 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding
our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
The Director of Corporate Finance & [Business Operations] will be responsible
for building and managing the FP&A, Finance Marketing and Business Operations
teams. This role reports to the VP of Finance & Business Operations.
This is a critical leadership role that will work with the executive team of
the company and cross-functionally with business leaders across Rocket
Lawyer's international footprint. You will guide the Corporate Finance &
Business Operations org to create insightful analyses which will drive
business decisions, help track key performance indicators for the company, and
act as a P&L partner for the Product and Business teams. You will also
collaborate cross-functionally to collect, model, and analyze data to advise
Rocket Lawyer's long-term financial target setting.
Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business
judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. The
perfect candidate will have an investment banking and/or growth-investing
background paired with experience at scaling technology businesses, strong
quantitative and analytical skills, along with experience or interest in
running efficient, cross-functional processes.
- Own key financial planning processes such as planning and financial forecasting
- Hire and manage growing team of cross-functional finance and business operations professionals
- Understand and monitor company's key performance indicators while providing real-time feedback to the executive team and stakeholders
- Partner with owners of business units on full P&L responsibilities and drive their resource planning, profitability and revenue-driving initiatives
- Identify issues for business partners and make recommendations and options to improve revenue and unit economics
- Lead financial analysis on key strategic partnerships and M&A activities
- Deliver weekly/monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of financial results, including variances to business’ plan, to ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers
- Work with product management, market research, product marketing, and other teams to develop a deep understanding of product & customer value proposition, competitive landscape, regulatory considerations, and their implications to our financial outcomes.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to shape overall strategy by helping to quantify and prioritize existing and new ideas to drive value.
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate intellectual curiosity with high-energy and a positive attitude.
- 10 - 12 years of relevant finance, analytics, strategy, corp dev experience.
- Experience leading & managing a high-performing team.
- Expertise in navigating complex analytical & financial models.
- Talent for synthesizing highly complicated / nuanced ideas and communicating them in ways others can easily understand (both oral and written).
- Ability to influence the organization in support of driving growth & momentum.
- Exhibit the highest standards of integrity and be pleasant & fun to work with.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program