Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate Quality Engineer who wants to work in a fast-
paced, dynamic agile environment with a talented product development team.
As a part of a team consisting of a product manager, UX designer, and software
engineers, Quality Engineers are active partners in the specification of new
functionalities by helping to clarify acceptance criteria with concrete
examples. They provide quick feedback with automated acceptance tests,
exploratory testing, and non-functional testing techniques to ensure that the
feature will meet the needs of the customer.
- Passionate about testing and quality
- Clear and precise in face-to-face and written communication
- Quality first mindset and a low tolerance to imperfections
- Makes test results visible to help elicit a collective decision
- Leverages automation to provide quick feedback and delivery
- Great analytical skills to evaluate test results
- Asks questions to clarify user story acceptance criteria
- Is dedicated to continuous learning and self-improvement
- Open to and seeks out feedback, using it to reflect on ways to improve
- Delivers on commitments with a sense of urgency
- Has excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Practice extreme ownership.
- Lead on defining testing strategies to ensure the product being released is up to industry and company standards
- Drives and collaborates with a cross-functional team on acceptance test scenarios
- Keeps stakeholders updated on testing progress and feature quality concerns
- Logs bug reports with clear, repeatable steps; escalates when necessary
- Documents tests and the testing strategy according to the documentation standards. Reviews documentation and upholds documentation standards
- Automates acceptance tests and manually executes tests, as needed
- Proactively monitors, triages, and updates automated tests as the product evolves
- Leads on performance, load and scalability testing for several products
- Coordinates releases for the team.
- Improve development and quality processes across the Tech
- Advocates for resolution of customer-impacting issues in backlog grooming sessions. Helps on incident coordination and supports systems in production.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- 8+ yrs of experience as a test engineer in an agile environment
- Demonstrated expertise with at least 3 or the following test tools and frameworks: Selenium, Cucumber, Rest Assured, JMeter, Blazemeter, Gatling
- Understanding of the functional aspects of web and RESTful applications, e.g., browser cookies, URLs and HTTP methods
- Understanding of BDD testing approach
- Hands on experience with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins), bug tracking tools (e.g. JIRA), source control (e.g. GitHub), IDEs (e.g. IntelliJ), test case management tools (e.g. Hiptest, Cucumber Studio)
- Working knowledge of basic SQL to fetch and verify data from database
- Understanding of automation best practices and agile testing methodologies
- Team and/or Project Leadership experience