Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
We are looking for a quality advocate that is passionate about delivering
delightful and reliable customer experiences. The content engineering team
plays a key role in delivering relevant high-quality legal content and
solutions to individuals and small businesses with various legal needs. As the
team’s dedicated quality leader, you will actively participate in the
requirements definition, design test strategies, and lead your cross-
functional team to achieve engineering excellence through the application of
testing best practices and processes.
You might be a great fit if
- You are passionate about quality, engineering excellence, and productivity.
- You are often sought out as a domain expert for your product.
- You enjoy complex problem solving and proactively identify gaps and edge cases that break the design early in the development life cycle.
- You have high standards for product quality and engineering practices and you coach and challenge others to continually improve.
- You are constantly looking for ways to automate repetitive manual tasks.
- You love to collaborate and lead cross-functional efforts.
- You find creative ways to break things and identify potential problems early in the process.
- You seek out better ways of doing things and evangelize best practices across the broader organization.
- Participate in requirements analysis, identifying gaps
- Participate in design review, making suggestions to improve testability, performance, reliability, and usability
- Design test scripts and testable user journeys that developers can use to test their own code
- Create and contribute to tools that enable developers to test their own code
- Review code to determine what features need better test coverage
- Coordinate crowd-sourced exploratory testing
- Establish production monitoring for product
- Support quality assessment with documented test results and metrics
- Facilitate successful releases by communicating with stakeholders and supporting functions when necessary
- Investigate issues in production, participate in root cause analysis, and ensure that additional tests are added to prevent recurrences.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, STEM, or related field
- 2+ years of of programming experience as a software engineer or test automation engineer
- Technical understanding of web applications fundamentals
- Working knowledge of basic SQL
- Hands on experience with testing tools and frameworks
- Hands on experience with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins), bug tracking tools (e.g. JIRA), source control (e.g. Git), IDEs (e.g. IntelliJ, Eclipse), test case management tools.