Location: San Francisco, California or Utah or Colorado
Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer is seeking an experienced, passionate Sales Engineer who wants
to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with talented agile teams. As
part of a cross-functional team, you will be an active player in technical
sales support as well as the design, coding, unit testing, and release of new
features and enhancements for our growing Partner Platform.
We value a fun, collaborative, team-oriented work environment, where we
celebrate our accomplishments.
A Day in the Life
- Building and mentoring your team.
- Prepare and give technical presentations to explain to customers how our products and services work.
- Onboarding of Partners.
- Communicate with the sales team to understand consumer demands and offer sales support where necessary.
- Establish customer rapport and acceptance.
- Plan for modifications to products to meet consumer demands, embedding staff with teams to deliver changes when necessary.
- Support partners with product implementations.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Collaborate with other team leaders.
- Design and implement customer feature requests as needed and/or coordinate with respective development teams.
- Identify and communicate best practices for engineering.
- Champion the adoption of new technologies.
- Prepare cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- 3+ years experience in engineering management
- 5+ years experience in sales engineering
- 5+ years experience in high-growth technology environments
- Creativity to approach sales and build customer relationships in groundbreaking new ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience designing, developing and integrating with back-end web services via REST-based API's
- Previous experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest and JUnit
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience developing responsive interfaces for mobile and web
- Negotiation and social problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a high-stress sales environment and multitask
- Must be proactive, thorough and organized
- Demonstrated success working with small, collaborative cross-functional teams
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
Nice to haves
- Practiced test-driven development utilizing unit testing frameworks and automated testing tools
- Experience working with event streaming architecture
- Experience working in an agile/iterative environment
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Redis and HBase
- Experience developing internationalized software
- Knowledge of caching strategies
- Knowledge of web architecture and the HTTP protocol
- Knowledge of cloud development
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Familiarity with Jenkins and CI/CD environments
- Project management skills
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program
- Your choice of a MAC or PC