Location: San Francisco, California or Utah or Colorado or North Carolina
Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer is seeking a mission driven people leader who will be a key
contributor to the scaling of our Global People Operations team. Success in
this role will be measured by leading our People Operations function in
producing high quality innovative solutions to the management of our Talent.
This includes but is not limited to, full life cycle transactions, performance
management, compensation and benefits practices, and culture initiatives.
- Operate as a thought leader in architecting and developing innovative solutions to the acquisition and retention of talent
- Partner/collaborate with leadership team to align and execute HR strategies in support of business objectives.
- Own and redesign the Rocket Lawyer Performance Management infrastructure, bringing transparency and accountability to employees and leaders.
- Provide advice, counsel and coaching to employees regarding HR policies and procedures
- Develop and oversee performance management process, including goal setting, performance assessments, feedback and training processes
- Key contributor to change management initiatives
- Implement and monitor adherence to HR policies, procedures and practices
- Partner with finance on payroll process, ensuring consistency and accuracy
- Evaluate and oversee administration of benefit programs and recommend improvement
- Investigate, resolve and/or coordinate grievances, workplace disputes, harassments or ethics violation and disputes
- Develop a team culture supportive of data accuracy and process efficiencies
- Oversee and maintain company policies and procedures, including company’s core values and ethics policies
- Ensure the company stays in compliance with all HR related Government regulations and guidelines.
- Qualified candidates will have relevant successful experience in HR and have a minimum of 10 years of experience and 3 years in a management level position.
- Team player with a collaborative leadership style and a proven ability to build, mentor and retain quality employees in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to work autonomously.
- Candidate must possess a strong work ethic and a high energy, hands-on management style
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and effectively throughout various levels of the organization structure
- Knowledge of employment, wage and salary laws and regulations.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of compensation plans and benefit programs
- Ability to negotiate and manage dispute resolution processes. Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Knowledge of information systems used in human resources applications. Experience with HRIS systems
- Ability to motivate teams to produce high quality results within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Senior level communication and presentation skills