Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate senior full-stack or front-end web developer
who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a talented agile
team. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of product, design,
engineers, QA, and information architects to deliver relevant and personalized
web experiences to customers and tools to our digital marketing and SEO
stakeholders. The work you will do has the potential to help us reach a wider
audience and dramatically grow our customer base.
A Day in the Life
- Collaborate with product and business leaders responsible for growing customer acquisition
- Build responsive, efficient and reusable content assets that can be personalized and targeted to different audiences, channels, and devices
- Work with designers and information architects to create a sustainable, scalable content structure, schema, metadata, taxonomy, and topology
- Applies SEO best practices to improve organic ranking and click-through
- Leverage tools to analyze,troubleshoot, diagnose and continually improve our technical SEO (e.g. Google Search Console, GA, Lighthouse, SEM Rush, Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, Webtest, Sumologic, etc.)
- Implement experimentation framework to systematically optimize existing web experiences
- Instrument our pages and elements to better understand customer behavior
- Deliver against our acquisition roadmap
- Ensure the scalability, reliability, and performance of our web pages
- Advocate for SEO, page performance, accessibility across the wider engineering community
- Advise, architect, and build integrations with third party adtech and martech solutions such as paid advertising platforms, GTM, GA, email platforms, CDP, etc.
- 5+ years full stack or front-end experience, preferably in high-volume publishing environments
- Experience with a modern CMS tools
- Understanding of information architecture, user heuristics, prototyping tools and approaches
- Understands how content, schemas, metadata, PageRank and content relationships influence content placement, structure and ranking within search engine results pages
- Basic understanding of data modeling, database design, entity relationships, and the value of data structure and normalization.
- Familiarity with sales funnels, marketing automation, a/b testing, conversion optimization, and the importance of capturing and guiding user attention.
- Familiarity with version control, CI tools, and configuration management tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Chef
- Experience working in an agile/iterative environment
- Experience directing and coaching more junior engineers
- Ability to juggle many tasks and work both collaboratively and autonomously as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to a wide range of people from a wide range of backgrounds