Location: London, UK or Poland
Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer is seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Front End
Engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a
You will join one of our cross-functional Agile teams architecting and
creating mobile first web applications that serve and delight our millions of
We believe in reuse and consistency which we achieve using web-components and
micro-applications. As a senior engineer we want your input into what we are
building, producing technical solutions to deliver changes in a lean manner.
- Passionate about software quality and writing testable code
- Enjoys working with product and design to create solutions our customers will love
- Great communication skills
- Always learning and dedicated to self-improvement
- Takes ownership
- Desire to make a real impact working in a small cross-functional team
- Proactive, self-sufficient, thorough and a team player
- Work with Product Designers to implement the next generation of Rocket Lawyer products using frameworks like Angular and Stencil
- Build frontend micro-applications using the Web Components standard
- Produce quality Typescript code and write automated tests
- Identify performance bottlenecks and diagnose issues with APIs
- Actively participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve approaches and process
Experience - Required
- Highly proficient coding in HTML, CSS and other web standards.
- Industry experience integrating with back-end web services via REST-based APIs.CSS preprocessing (SASS, LESS), modern MVC frameworks (like Angular or React)
- Knowledge of the HTTP protocol, browser caching and CDNs.CI/CD experience, deploying frequently into cloud environments.
- Writing strongly typed Typescript code
- Ability to debug frontend performance issues
- Optimising the frontend experience for mobile