Location: San Francisco, California or Utah or Colorado
Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer is seeking an experienced, passionate Frontend Engineer who
wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a talented agile team.
As part of a cross-functional team consisting of a product manager, designer,
and 4-6 software engineers and QA analysts, you will be an active partner in
the design, coding, unit testing, and release of new features and enhancements
for our growing customer base.
We value a fun, collaborative, team-oriented work environment, where we
celebrate our accomplishments.
A Day in the Life
- Work with Product Designers to implement the next generation of Rocket Lawyer products
- Build responsive, efficient and reusable content assets that can be personalized and targeted to different audiences, channels, and devices
- Ensure the scalability, reliability, and performance of our web pages
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Collaborate with other team members
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- Champion the adoption of new technologies
- Highly proficient with at least one frontend framework, such as React, Angular, Vuejs
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS/LESS/SASS.
- Knowledge of web architecture and the HTTP protocol.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Experience integrating with back-end web services via REST-based APIs.
- Experience developing responsive interfaces for web and mobile.
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- 5+ years of experience building web applications and SPA
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with MVC development.
- Knowledge of caching strategies.
- Knowledge of cloud development.