Location: San Francisco or London
Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
At Rocket Lawyer, eCommerce is at the heart of everything we do:
Using a mix of technical product, business and problem solving skills, your
role will be to ensure that eCommerce runs profitably, smoothly and scales
with the growing demand of our international business.
At a strategic level, you will define our strategy for paywalls. At Rocket
Lawyer: every activity on our Platform has a price and a possible discount
based on user entitlements. You will define requirements for a simple-to-use
Billing engine so that we can add products to our Billing catalog & then
expose the products to customers at engaging and relevant points in our UX.
Then, you will measure adoption and engagement.
Also, as part of your responsibility you will work with our Payment Director
and Engineering leads to write product requirements to ensure our Billing
engine runs smoothly at scale, able to process background billing and new
checkout payments during peak hours, without any degradation in the service of
our Platform. As a part of this you will be able to monitor the health of our
eCommerce and provide solutions if any of our uptime or system health SLAs
A Day in the Life
- Work with your team to define, validate and prioritize a roadmap of product requirements for our eCommerce and payment processing engine that evolves into a Paywall UX where we can surface products at points of relevancy to drive user engagement.
- Able to help make ‘build vs buy’ decisions on important topics like our Billing catalog.
- Able to provide the product requirements for eCommerce KPI reports in order for us to define and measure success, including alerts for if SLAs are in breach.
- Define technical product requirements that help engineers understand the functional and non-functional requirements of the eCommerce system like uptime, performance and scaling.
- Calculate the financial ROI of eCommerce projects vs cost & measure metrics against financial KPIs.
- Present updates on progress to Exec teams once per month.
- Communicate effectively with consulting teams such as Business Intelligence team, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Design & Business Sponsors to create business-wide alignment on your plan.
- Work in an agile methodology with your team of Designers, Engineers, QA and Program Management to deliver Sprint commitments and demo them at the end of the Sprint to show progress and collect feedback from your sponsors.
- Work with customers and their usage data to collect valuable feedback on ways to improve paywall adoption and drive eCommerce engagement which you will discuss with your UX Designer.
About your product skills
- You will be an ambitious Product Manager with a proven track record of 4+ years delivering eCommerce & billing products with a high level of customer adoption.
- Define commercial plans, product requirements, metrics analysis, development supervision, testing, and launching efforts for eCommerce projects that directly tie back to PnL profits. You will do this by conducting sophisticated strategic analysis of available data to identify, develop and implement revenue-generating and cost-saving eCommerce projects that engage the customer throughout their product lifecycle to incentivize recurring and one-off revenue through pay adoption of products offered by Rocket Lawyer or one of our partners.
- Able to “show and tell” your skills from your resume by demoing past products or sharing a presentation during the interview process.
- Able to ruthlessly prioritise your backlog based on validated learnings in order to ship high value features quickly.
- Fluent in your knowledge on when to make ‘Build vs Buy’ decisions regarding eCommerce technology and able to argue your position to engineering teams and business sponsors
- A data analysis wizard with an ability to request KPI reports from our Business Intelligence team that monitor eCommerce health. Then, report back to the business in the case of SLA infractions as well as reporting on the adoption KPIs and metrics of individual paywalls on a product by product basis.
- Able to think about eCommerce from a mobile-first mindset and work with qualitative customer & data insights to optimize the customer’s experience with your UX Designer in a way that provably drives adoption on the Mobile app.
- Able to work with Legal Counsel and our Risk prevention team when they need to know required information about our system as it pertains to regulatory compliance like PII and PCI.
- Able to communicate using succinct clear bulleted executive summaries & visual presentations to senior stakeholders when required, to keep them up to date on your progress.
- You are passionate about making the world a better place, and want to put tools for justice into people’s hands and to leave a legacy to the world through your work
- You carry a DNA of “ownership” and a bias for action
- You love to represent the voice of the customer above all other voices
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize your backlog so you can ship value to customers quickly
- Seeks to become the domain expert in your product area
- Seeks to innovate, differentiate and therefore create product advantage
- You’re a thermostat and not a thermometer, in that you set the temperature of your team to be positive, hard working and celebratory rather than echoing known challenges within the team
- You are an active listener and clear communicator, and you seek to understand before you seek to be understood.
- Able to become part of a fun and passionate team, and have some serious fun along the way!