Location: San Francisco
Employment Type: Full time
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online
legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe,
Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million
legal documents , and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform
to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences
worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Rocket Lawyer is investing in new and emerging technologies. You will plan the
architecture and solution design for our Quality Engineering transformation.
As the lead technical expert in the area of test automation and strategy, you
will support several Engineering squads, while providing mentoring and
direction to an international team of Quality Engineers. You will survey the
technology landscape and guide the evolution of the current environment to
support future capabilities and requirements.
You might be a great fit if
- You are passionate about quality, engineering excellence, and developer productivity.
- You enjoy complex problem solving and have a deep appreciation for new and emerging technologies.
- You have high standards for product quality and engineering practices and you coach and challenge others to continually improve.
- You love to collaborate and lead cross-functional efforts.
- You have a deep appreciation for and understanding of software architecture and evolutionary software architecture
- You seek out better ways of doing things and evangelize best practices across the broader organization.
- Develop Test automation, Test Data Strategy, and Roadmaps for capabilities in partnership with other Engineering Squads
- Help transform existing manual QA group to a QE function with automation-first mindset
- Be a technical consultant to the QE team and the firm on Automation processes, tools, and technologies
- Design, configure, and setup multiple Test automation tools on-prem and on-cloud to improve efficiency and improve operational stability
- Develop tooling and processes to increase automation and adherence to security and audit controls
- Develop enterprise standard test automation, Test Data management frameworks, and processes
- Foster the use of tools and capabilities across Engineering Squads
- 10+ years of overall IT experience, and over 5+ years of experience as a Test Automation Architect
- Experience helping organizations transform existing manual QA groups to a QE function with automation-first mindset and Shift Left mindset
- Experience with test automation and test data management tools
- 3 years Agile/Scrum experience
- Experience with Performance Testing, Chaos Engineering and Service Virtualization
- Experience architecting and creating test automation frameworks
- Experience implementing BDD/TDD and toolsets
- Experience with containers and container orchestration
- Experience with or strong interest in Payments, ECommerce, AI/ML, Blockchain a plus