Employment Type: Full Time
What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to
make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple.
We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through
real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture
is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly
$400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as
many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great
Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management
software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and
track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech
50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great
Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have
fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our
values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
B e customer obsessed.
A ct like an owner, because you are one.
D on’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
A ll of us are empowered to do the right thing.
S tay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
S eriously. No jerks.
Roofstock is seeking an exceptional Director of Growth Analytics to help us
deliver excellence through highly accurate, accessible, and actionable data,
analysis, and insights.
This is a central piece of our consumer growth strategy and a strong partner
for growth marketing and cross-functional teams across data engineering,
martech, growth product and business units POCs. The ideal candidate is a
business-savvy, relentless problem solver who takes ownership of business
challenges and growth opportunities and aims to solve them through data.
In this role, you will be both an analytics leader and practitioner, leading
and continuing to build your team while partnering closely with business,
product, marketing and technology teams across the company.
You and your team will deliver insights and key results to finance, growth
marketers, product, and business unit leaders.
Sample work could include:
- Building a customer LTV framework that cuts across all of our business lines (including freemium, recurring, and transactional pieces), critical to inform the levers we pull for acquisition, engagement, and monetization by segment
- Building experimentation frameworks to unlock feature testing, value proposition testing, audiences, messaging and lifecycle touch points
- Building advanced analytics capabilities to recommend through propensity models and lookalikes models potential audiences to bid on digital channels and lifecycle optimization.
- Guiding Lifecycle and Growth marketers to automated and streamlined reporting to increase pace of experimentation and learnings
- Analyzing business units inputs (customers, prospects, opportunities) to unlock recommendations for growth levers.
- Translating inputs and outputs from growth and marketing into streamlined reporting across several key results (cost per step conversion, velocity across funnels and user journey, repayment period, prospect opportunities with potential revenue)
- Designing and facilitating mechanisms for us to provide the right level of performance visibility to customer segments ranging from “accidental landlords” to funds deploying hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of capital Identifying and targeting high-value prospective customers by connecting behavioral and demographic datasets to our existing customer and prospect engagement data, and then building marketing response/prediction models therefrom
The ideal candidate will be excited to dig into rich data with a team that
appreciates the value of modern data teams and workflows, thoughtful analysis,
and strong cross-functional collaboration.
- Partner with our leadership team and other collaborators to deeply understand and prioritize questions and problems-to-solve across the business, then provide high-quality data, insights and experimentation support to drive goal attainment and strategy.
- Build an A+ team to work across a variety of analytical contexts within Roofstock Marketing team and Business units.
- Evolve our data platform using modern ELT workflow tools: Modeling, clearly defining, and creating access to source-of-truth data in a way that allows end users to answer many of their own questions and positions us well to apply advanced analytics (e.g., data science / ML) to develop additional insights.
- Clearly communicate your vision, roadmap, prioritization decisions, and insights to the full Roofstock team. Our analytics stack and output will be products that you and your team will own.
- Work with our Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to deliver value to existing and prospective customers through data products that leverage your team’s work and insights.
- 10+ years of experience working within modern analytics teams in high-growth, high-performance environments, including at least 5 years of team leadership.
- Strong experience with modern analytics tools (e.g., Looker, Mode, Periscope, Sigma); modeling tools (e.g., dbt); cloud data pipelines (e.g., Fivetran, Stitch); and modern data warehouses (e.g., Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Experience with Event Analytics Tools (Segment, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, Heap, etc) and experimentation techniques (A/B testing, multivariate testing)
- Exposure to machine learning models, data science concepts, and data analysis with R, Python, or other scripting languages.
- Breadth of experience, likely including a variety of industries, business models, and analytical tools
- Truly excellent problem-solving ability and business judgment
- Strong partnership with engineers or architects to define upstream requirements and build out reporting ecosystems or, where relevant, data products
- Expertise and passion for experimentation and sound statistical inference
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes real ownership and delivers high-quality, ambitious work, always looking to improve further
- Ability to prioritize and align stakeholders around what matters most
- Ability to tell a persuasive story and convey information to executive audiences in a digestible format, visually and in writing
- Enthusiastic hands-on, positive leader that consistently and personally demonstrates the values of empathy, teamwork, and collaboration, with the proven ability to recruit, manage, and retain A+ players
- An eagerness to work in a startup team environment that will be rapidly changing, comfort with navigating ambiguity. Leadership DNA that can scale with a rapidly growing organization
- Nice-to-have: Experience working within a multi-product company (maximizing customer LTV, following the customer all the way through various funnels)
- Nice-to-have: A background in consulting or finance
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of
Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation,
termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation,
physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or
identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital
status, height and/or weight.