Location: Remote, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Team: Real Estate Brokers
What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to
make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple.
We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through
real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture
is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly
$400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as
many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great
Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management
software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and
track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech
50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great
Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have
fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our
values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
B e customer obsessed.
A ct like an owner, because you are one.
D on’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
A ll of us are empowered to do the right thing.
S tay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
S eriously. No jerks.
What You Will Do:
- Working in conjunction with and guidance from the Broker, Compliance and Legal teams within Roofstock in the execution of oversight responsibilities.
- Review contractual and transaction documents within the timeframes required by the State’s real estate regulatory body, e.g. Real Estate Commission or Department of Real Estate
- Provide guidance and instruction on proper execution of such documents
- Work with support teams to ensure proper delegation, if any, of file review requirements and ensure thorough review.
- Determine full file compliance standards on federal, state, and local levels, including statutory and best practice risk management requirements.
- Ensure complete file of all closed transactions, cancelled files and broker logs so that file compliance standards are met.
- Working with the Roofstock technology and product teams, ensure such file compliance standards are reflected in the Broker and Auditing systems.
- Keep abreast of current federal, state and local laws and related forms. Implement new or changing laws or requirements in file forms and Review and Certify on a minimal quarterly basis that compliance and risk management standards are being maintained and met.
- Manage file retention responsibilities in conjunction with the Compliance, Legal, and Technology Teams.
- Supervise and oversee the licensed activities of licensees.
- Be available for just in time broker support for transactional, brokerage and practice issues
- Train and supervise licensed salespersons, working in partnership with the Roofstock Compliance and Broker Teams to determine subject and content
- Provide ongoing market education and insights to licensed salespeople and the Roofstock Company as a whole, on such topics such as market trends, migration patterns, neighborhood insights.
- Coach licensed salespeople on market-related transaction conditions (typical terms, costs of repairs, rental market, etc).
- Ensure that licensed and unlicensed employees are operating within the proper confines of allowable activity.
- Leverage and build relationships within the broker and related community to enhance Company services, and expand inventory offerings to clients, and promote Company good will.
- Manage approval, paperwork and tracking of real estate referrals
- File and monitor documents and paperwork as required by Real Estate Commissions, MLSs, and AORs to ensure membership and data compliance, use of license for IDX and other data feeds, and as needed or directed by the Company and Brokerage.
- Advise, when necessary, as to the Compliance standards for brokerage activities such as marketing and advertising.
- Maintain membership in good standing with local AORs and MLSs as directed by Company and provide guidance/direction on associated membership requirements as well as membership requirements for affiliated licensees.
- Be well versed in the use of and access to AOR, MLS, and local jurisdiction forms and requirements based on statutory and risk management oversight, and train licensees and support personnel on the same.
What You Bring With You:
- 3-5 Broker experience
- 10 years of Sales experience
- Must have relevant state Broker license
- Knowledge of local and state compliance laws
- Strong knowledge of local markets
- Leadership experience and good interpersonal skills
- Experience with escalation and dispute resolution
- Assistant Managing Broker highly preferred
- Managing Broker of your own brokerage is a plus
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of
Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation,
termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race,
religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation,
physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or
identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital
status, height and/or weight.