Location: Kirkland, WA
Employment Type: Part Time
Who are we?
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in
the world. Inside our rooms, we take you on thrilling adventures and
transform you into new characters. Our experience is like the movies, except
you’re actually with your friends ** inside** the movie. We are creating
the future of entertainment by building towards the virtualization of physical
spaces and eventually becoming the _portal _to the Metaverse. We want
you be a part of our journey and help us make that a reality!
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 19 locations and 5
countries around the world (we’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore
on TripAdvisor, #1 VR place in China Shanghai on Dianping), and we’re quickly
expanding. As a growing company we are looking for leaders who want to
transform the entertainment industry and contribute to the cutting-edge
experiences we are creating. We take pride in the relationships we are
building within the community through innovation and providing a best-in-class
experience for our guests. The opportunities within Sandbox VR are endless and
we want you to be a part of this new world we are creating!
This position is onsite at one of our retail stores. We’re looking for someone
to join our team on a part-time basis. We are looking for personable,
motivated, and passionate people to take on the role of Guest Experience
Guide. As the Guest Experience Guide of one of our stores, you thrive on
building connections with our team and guests. You anticipate the guest's
needs and love delivering a best-in-class experience.
What will you be doing:
- Maintain the environment: you'll initiate and perform daily tasks and projects to maintain the aesthetic appeal and cleanliness of our stores and prepare the experience rooms and equipment for the guests.
- Job Mastery: master and be able to assist in training new hires at the Guest Experience Guide level
- Live the Sandbox VR way: exceed expectations of our guests by promoting our culture, mission, and core values. Making a guest happy makes your day!
- Deliver an Incredible Guest Experience: you'll welcome and guide our guests through the experience, helping them with VR gear suiting-up and suiting-down, ensuring a safe and fun experience, and making sure guests leave excited to share their personalized videos, photos, and a story that they can share with friends
- Technical support and troubleshooting: partnering with management and our support team in other parts of the country to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise in day-to-day operations.
- Collaboration: you’ll be asked to partner with management and other team members for ad hoc projects and other operational duties that might arise in a fast-growing startup company.
- Safety and Cleanliness: ensuring the safety and cleanliness of our equipment and location exceed the expectations of our guests and team.
- Communication: consistently and effectively identify and communicate store issues, project updates, and ideas with the management team
Who we are looking for:
- Guest Service Focused: Delivering an exceptional experience to all our guests is the most important thing we can do in our company. You’ll need to communicate and present clearly and warmly, and most importantly demonstrate extreme empathy to the needs of our guests and our team alike. You’ll be expected to maintain a professional appearance and demonstrate integrity, honesty, and knowledge to provide a white-glove experience for our guests.
- Physical Stamina: Because this is a retail position, you’ll be expected to stand and walk around for long periods of time. You’ll also occasionally be required to bend, lift (more than 25 lbs.) or climb upstairs. You’ll also need strong close-distance hand-eye coordination and dexterity capabilities in order to handle technical support tasks.
- Team First Mentality: At Sandbox VR we live by the team-first mentality. You’ll be expected to bring a positive attitude, collaborate and work effectively with your team, especially during high volume/intensity situations.
- Work Ethic: We are building the future of entertainment, so we are looking for people that thrive in a self-starter fast-paced environment required to deliver a white-glove experience for our guests. You should be a strong problem solver who has a track record of good judgment and can learn independently and quickly on the job to master our platform technically and operationally.
WE ARE SANDBOX VR, AND WE INVITE YOU TO COME PLAY IN OUR SANDBOX (AND THINK
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or
expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity