Employment Type: Full-time
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform
for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze
genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on
making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our
collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s
biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are
a global company with offices in the US, London, Serbia and more. We are
roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
As a Principal Product Manager at Seven Bridges, you will ensure that the
solutions we build are valuable, viable, usable, and feasible. As a
player/coach in product management you will lead the evolution of Seven
Bridges by establishing an empowered, product-driven organization. To this
end, you will be responsible for a program funnel and backlog,
operationalizing product management responsibilities to ensure the flow of
value, and coaching product managers and owners in agile workflows and
What you will be working on:
- Strategy, roadmap, and program backlog: You will own the tactical product strategy and be responsible for building a program roadmap and backlog that balances customer, scientific, technical, and business needs.
- Understanding customer, technical and business needs: As a customer and business representative for your program you will work alongside your core team conducting continuous exploration to ensure the solution is Valuable, Viable, Usable and Feasible. Together this team will own the problem and be accountable for the results to their Strategy Manager. As priorities and scope changes you will be responsible for maintaining alignment.
- Incorporating science, the Seven Bridges differentiator: You will partner closely with Program Managers, Bioinformaticians, and Scientific Engagement managers to shape the roadmap based on scientific opportunities to advance biotechnology and precision medicine in service to the product evolution.
- Establishing and maintaining a Healthy program backlog: You will have the content and prioritization authority for your program backlog and will be identifying and defining features based on business objectives, time to market, risk, etc and encapsulating them into right sized deliverables/milestones.
- Generating estimates: You will work alongside architects, engineering technical leads, program managers, SEM’s and Research/Design to generate estimates for all work in the program backlog which will include assumptions, risks, and outline a roadmap and plan for execution.
- Lead Program planning: During incremental planning, you will be responsible to present the roadmap and highest priority features of the program backlog to stakeholders, peers, and product owners from across the organization.
- Validate features: Responsible for orchestrating program level demo in order to gather feedback from stakeholders and review progress against the objectives. You will be responsible for validating features against the acceptance criteria and approving them for release as well as reporting to primary stakeholders on the metrics (value, viability, and usability).
- Enable excellence in execution through close product owner collaboration: You will specify and clarify feature scope and success criteria in collaboration with and in support of product owners. Identify the teams that will be impacted by upcoming features and work closely with their product owners to understand solution-based options as the feature is refined. Enable strategic execution and customer informed solutioning so product owners understand and communicate the value of the work they bring to the teams. Keep all reporting up to date and provide accurate status reports through defined ceremonies to ensure value is flowing through the system and milestones are met.
- Coaching and supporting empowered teams: You will be initializing processes, training, methods, and activities that facilitate our transition to agile and empower our teams.
Do you have what it takes?
- 8-10 years of experience in product management, product ownership, business analyst, product design, and/or project/delivery management.
- 3-5 years of experience leading product development in a healthcare, B2B, and/or clinical data environment.
- Experience in life sciences with a broad understanding of biotechnology and the way research and analysis is conducted across vast, often divergent datasets.
- Fluency in English language.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience working with the international teams and across disciplines.
It would be great if you have:
- Demonstrated experience developing/launching products/technologies within one or more of the following: Clinical; Genomics; -Omics; RWE/RWD; Epidemiology; Big Data Analysis/ Visualization/ Aggregation/ Interpretation; Semantics; Modeling.
- Cradle-to-grave experience developing, innovating, and reinventing technical products.
- Product management certification.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost
and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the
productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in;
formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride
ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful
partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting
with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and
**Our team and culture: **With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and
computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate
about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision
medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with
empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify
commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, employer paid
health insurance, 33 days of PTO, retirement options and an environment that
recognizes and rewards performance. Uncapped earnings potential, opportunity
to join both as a key player in an exciting and high growth potential space,
as well as a sales team early on with room for growth and expansion of
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork,
challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us
your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are
looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.