Employment Type: Contractor
_We're building a new sleep product & looking for energetic, reliable, and
empathetic coaches to join our community! _
Simple Habit, a mental wellness & meditation platform, was created in early
2016 by CEO/Founder Yunha Kim. Our mission? Help people live better. In just a
couple of years, Simple Habit grew mostly organically to $5M in ARR. Shortly
after, we raised $10M Series A round. In 2020, based on insights & learnings,
Simple Habit decided to launch a new line of product. Our mission has stayed
the same; to help people live better....but our focus has shifted to solving
our users #1 wellness problem, sleep!
Did you know that almost 60% of adults suffer from insomnia? They struggle to
fall asleep or sleep through the night, leading to inadequate sleep and a wide
variety of negative symptoms during the day (anxiety, weight gain,
irritability, depression). Sleep Reset is a
"first of it's kind" wellness program that combines CBTI, content & 1:1
personalized sleep coaching to help adults sleep better, fast — without pills
or side effects. And guess what? It works!
We're a fully distributed team of 15 FTE & 30 contractors, working remotely
across 4 different timezones. Please note that our team works on GMT-7 PST-
friendly hours, so your location will affect your work hours.
You'll be on the front-line of our product - interacting with program
participants every day. This will give you an incredible opportunity to be
constantly inquisitive to analyze user data and behavior, critically assess
our coaching approaches, and relay your insights and feedback to the Product
and Engagement Teams.
You'll thrive in this role if:
• You are obsessed with helping others improve their health
• You enjoy working flexible hours and interested in limitless growth
• You are organized, tech-savvy, and highly motivated
• You are independent and self directed
• You understand the importance of communication and collaboration
• Your written & oral communication skills are superb
• The fact that no day is like the other is exciting to you!
• You see feedback as a crucial part of learning & growing and you seek to
give and receive constructive feedback as much as possible
• You're interested in an immense amount of responsibility & ownership at an
- Leverage digital sleep science and coaching platform (which includes a detailed curriculum and a steady stream of data on patient performance and progress) to make strategic, effective coaching decisions.
- Manage Inbound and Outbound Messages via Intercom and In-App chat solutions.
- Respond to all inbound messages in a timely manner using the canned message doc as reference and using the coaching metrics (e.g. - 4hr response times)
- Coaching attributes include tone, empathy skills, reflection skills, motivational interviewing, personalization, sleep science referencing and CBTI skills.
- Conduct Introduction and Welcome call via Facetime or Google Meets to onboard members into the program.
- Listen openly to member challenges, get creative in adapting to their needs, and work with them toward healthy lifestyle changes, while keeping them focused and energized through better sleep.
- You will be providing participants/members with relevant sleep help tools and actionable resources such as sleep reset activities that include mindfulness meditations and gratitude journals.
- You will be providing Coaching Coverage for members of the Coaching Team in the event a dedicated Coach is out of office.
- You'll be on the front-line of our product - interacting with program participants every day. That'll give you an incredible opportunity to see what's working and what isn't. This comes with the responsibility of being constantly inquisitive - to analyze user data and behavior, critically assess our coaching approaches, and relay your insights and feedback to the Product and Engagement Teams.
- Your opinion is valued from day 1 and we just love fresh eyes.
- 2+ years in health coaching or behavioral health via online contact forums (Chat/Email). In lieu of formal coaching experience, movement background, sports coach, or a career in Customer Success is a bonus.
- Experience with medium to large case loads at a time (75+ participants/members).
- Demonstrated prior experience working with behavioral change, including but not limited to weight loss & nutrition and mental health.
- High EQ (Emotional Intelligence) and non-judgemental. You know how hard it can be to change old habits so you would communicate with members with empathy and compassion to let members know that we are not giving up on them.
- Willingness to become experts in translating best practice coaching to a digital forum. Our coaches are creative and adaptable to coaching our program participants via text, phone, and email.
- Exceptionally detail oriented and organized. You'll need to be able to confidently and proactively manage a large number of program participants (100+). At the same time, you will have the ability to summarize, reflect, and articulate member needs in order to offer relevant and effective solutions.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced startup work environment that encourages critical thinking and creative problem-solving. Independent yet knows when to ask questions and navigate ambiguity.
- You have an inviolable commitment to privacy. We operate on a highly developed security platform and expect our coaches to uphold this standard of safety.
- Aligned with our values (Growth mindset, Ownership mindset)
- Aligned for the stage of the company (Wanting to help build from ground up, being OK with things being messy)
- Warm bedside manner
- Ability to be nimble and adapt
- Comfortable delivering coaching using digital tools
Nice to have
- Professional Health Coach Training from a NBHWC accredited program. NBHWC Board certification not required but preferred. Behavioral/mental health training accepted as an alternative.
Simple Habit Creed:
There will be no failures, only learning experiences.
There will be no task below us, only opportunities to help.
We are here because we share a common sense of purpose.
We are here to help people live better, every day.
We are all owners.
All colors, all ages, all races and religions.
We all took risks to be here.
Our passion is people,
Not ping pong tables.
We get in the zone.
We take boba breaks.
We believe in self-care.
We believe in feedback.
We don't waffle.
We will disagree and commit.
We will continuously improve.
For the curious and the bold,
Humble and confident.
This company, and world, is ours to make better.