We are a passionate team of 300+ engineers, mathematicians, data analysts,
project managers, and business consultants. But more importantly, we are
active listeners, deep thinkers, and courageous problem solvers.
The Resultant team purposefully comes together to produce a positive outcome.
Our name symbolizes our commitment to empathy and collaboration--of not just
delivering our clients with the best solutions, but to deeply listening to
them, understanding their needs, and learning from each other in the process.
The force of Resultant comes from the combined knowledge, passion, and
innovation of our team and partners.
Together, we partner with clients in the public and private sectors to help
them overcome their most complex challenges, empowering our clients to drive
meaningful change in their organizations and communities. In everything you
do, you'll help your clients, colleagues, and communities thrive.
Resultant was founded as KSM Consulting in 2008.
As we continue our rapid growth and solve our clients' toughest problems
within the Public Education sector, Resultant has an opportunity for an
experienced and proven Engagement Manager to lead our projects with State
Education Agencies (SEAs) responsible for the supervision of the State's K-12
As an Engagement Manager, you will leverage your education and consulting
experience and expertise to guide SEA clients through project implementation,
solution delivery, and issue management by partnering with Resultant
leadership, consultants, developers, and engineers.
You will be tasked with managing a portfolio of project engagements with SEAs.
As a technology consulting firm, it is extremely important that all Engagement
Managers have experience on complex technology projects and understand the
kinds of complexities that exist on system transitions, data management
projects, and product services. Primarily, the Engagement Manager will serve
as the central point of contact for their respective client(s) as both a
trusted advisor for the client's leadership team and point of escalation
across a portfolio of projects.
Manage delivery on a given project or client-site including:
- Understand the client's business intimately, their organizational structure, KPIs/OKRs, strategies, technical capital, and human capital, and financial considerations.
- Act as a solution architect, seeking to understand their current technological landscape including relevant software, hardware, technical debt, risk aversion, velocity and proclivity towards change.
- Partner with the client by bringing them relevant, useful suggestions around people, processes and technology that complement the work we are already doing (pursuant to existing scopes of work) to achieve intended outcomes.
- Participate meaningfully in our team's technical solution process and feel confident in your ability to represent, in an ongoing way, those ideas to senior leaders.
- Support Project Managers on all escalation points around resourcing, solution design and implementation, budget, timeline, and cost.
- Mentor, coach, and train the project team towards a high-performing environment.
- Bring solutions and ideas to the client or join them in ideating about new, exciting opportunities to innovate their business and services/products.
- Be a confidential support to them on any challenging realities they face around people, processes, or technology, with the intent of helping them overcome these challenges through creative techniques.
- Stay attuned to the context surrounding the client's industry and market.
Manage the internal portfolio finances including:
- Leading monthly meetings with the Resultant Finance team around accounting updates including the portfolio level roll up of projects, deliverables, and invoices.
- Forecasting net new projects for the account, managing those ideas from inception through signed SOW and ensuring all proper parties are collaborated with through that process.
Perform Contract Management for the engagement including:
- Ensuring all active projects are aligned to contracts.
- Creating and managing all contracts for services with assigned account(s) including managed service agreements (MSA), contracts, renewals, extensions, and amendments.
Client Need Forecasting:
- Product backlog enhancement ideation, solution/technology innovation, cost savings, integrations, data products/services, process products/services, legislative consideration for the future, and competition velocity/quality review.
- Partnering with Sales to build a strategy around what ought to come next for the client and how we might provide services/products/partners to support them.
Participation as key lead on all business development activity for specific
- Extensions, amendments, and new scope development
- RFP process lead including RFI responses, written responses, Q&A, oral presentations, competition assessment, strategic partnerships (MBE, WBE, VBE), BAFO, and any other area (focused on how we continue to win)
- Loss retrospective and lessons learned
- Contract vehicle identification
- Solution Excellence (pushing a partnership with sales to ensure the proposal is the best we can think of and aligned with what the client wants and needs)
- Prior management experience at a State Education Agency (SEA), including as a senior leader, or a combination of SEA and consulting leadership experience.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to create and maintain high-performing teams and a productive, healthy team climate
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of current education policy trends
- Experience in consulting is a plus
- Excellent communicator
What you should know about Resultant:
- Rezzers are humble, hungry, and smart. We solve big problems, serve lots of clients, and are entirely committed to delivering transformative outcomes.
- Rezzers are team players, deeply dedicated to the mission of the organization and to helping everyone around us be successful.
- Resultant compensates well, rewarding performance that delivers positive outcomes for our clients and ensuring incentives are aligned to achieve our goals.
- Resultant leaders work hard, serving as a shining example of what it means to be a great Rezzer. They are servant leaders, helping their team to be successful in all possible ways.
- We have a great benefits package including unlimited vacation, significant 401k contributions, and several opportunities to develop yourself.
- We pride ourselves in having the best talent in the industry and hope that you're up for the challenge!
What our team members say about us…
- "I love our true empathy and concern for our clients, it's very rare and appreciated. It is a pleasure to be a part of an organization like Resultant."
- "I learn something new every single day, and I feel like I'm a part of building an organization that has legs. I appreciate that I'm consistently humbled by the talent and caliber of our team."
- "The culture of the company is amazing, and the climate of my team is great. The benefits that employees are offered are better than competitors, and the one-on-one presence that my team lead gives is extremely beneficial to me."
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or
Equal Opportunity Employer