Sam Parr retired with over $20 Million by age 31, just a few years after losing his job offer at AirBNB. In this interview, Sam goes deep into his journey to share his biggest lessons learned while creating an impressive career and company.
Parr is the founder of The Hustle, a daily newsletter providing an entertaining delivery of the latest news in business and tech. He was born in Missouri, grew up in Tennessee, and moved to San Francisco after graduating from college. His media company The Hustle was acquired by Hubspot in 2021 for a reported $25-30 million dollars.
In today’s episode of UNVALLEY with Sam Parr you’ll learn:
- 7:30 Which Midwest values lay the foundation for Sam’s successful career in tech
- 14:05 The simple writing technique that helped Sam create enormous opportunities in his career
- 28:30 How to optimize your career for success, even if you don’t have money or connections
- 42:30 Why Sam is investing in real estate in Unvalley tech hubs like Austin
UNVALLEY is the show for tech leaders that want to unlock their full potential and connect with the biggest opportunities in tech beyond Silicon Valley.
In this episode, you will learn from Sam on:
- High risk high reward. When to take risks and how to calculate the ROI.
- Train hard win easy. Sam shares his best advice for building a successful career in tech.
- Knowledge time travel. Sam shares his knowledge post sale of The Hustle to aspiring entrepreneurs.
Want to listen to this episode on your chosen app? Click here.
You can stream by clicking here.
If you like this episode, please subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes. You can also follow us on Soundcloud or Stitcher. We have an incredible lineup of interviews we’ll be releasing every Tuesday here on UNVALLEY.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Companies and organizations:
- Sam Parr (@Thesamparr)
To subscribe to the Powderkeg podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking on iTunes incredibly! Thank you so much!
Want to get connected with other leaders in the Powderkeg community?
Are you interested in joining the only private membership network focused on supporting tech companies and executives in communities beyond Silicon Valley? Apply for Powderkeg Premium Membership today.
Interested in starting your own Podcast?
Casted is THE first and only podcast and video marketing platform made SPECIFICALLY for B2B brands. The platform makes it possible to publish, syndicate, amplify, and measure the value of your podcast and video content And if you’re a startup, Casted offers their for Startups program that might be for you — offering exclusive deep discounts of up to 82% off retail price for qualifying startups. Connect with Casted at Casted.us/powderkeg.