Pssst….perhaps you haven’t heard: Congress is trying to put the brakes on crypto.
The proposed federal regulation – which the Senate passed on August 10th – will potentially require increased tax compliance and reporting by cryptocurrency brokers.
Crypto investors cry foul. The bill’s authors claim they are merely closing a crypto “tax gap,” but investors are pushing back hard, arguing that if the bill becomes law, it will cripple the growing cryptocurrency field and be a disaster for digital privacy.
We’ll keep you posted on this fight in Congress, but in the meantime, here are some companies and project to explore in the crypto space:
- Coinbase – One of the world’s most popular crypto exchange and custody providers. The company also provides merchant payment solutions for crypto transactions.
- Kraken – A secure and reliable crypto exchange that enables the buying, selling and trading of cryptocurrencies against currencies like USD, CAD, GBP and JPY.
- Voyager – A commission-free cryptocurrency trading platform powered by native tokens VGX and BQX. Voyager offers market data, interactive charts and research.
- BlockFi – Blockfi offers USD loans to crypto-asset holders in most U.S. states. The loans use digital assets as collateral.
- Crypto.com – This Hong Kong-based company has created an app for trading and paying in crypto, including a Visa card for direct crypto card payments.
- BitPay – BitPay offers Bitcoin payment solutions for institutions and organizations, and it also provides a Bitcoin wallet with industrial-grade security known as Copay.
- Changelly – Want an easy way to exchange crypto fast and buy it with a bank card? Changelly is an instant cryptocurrency exchange that features an HTTPS protocol and 2-factor authentication.
- Ark – This company sells click-and-drag blockchain tools for developers through a network of secure, interoperable bridge chains.
- Shapeshift – A crypto management and exchange solution that enables free trading, sending, tracking, and storage of crypto.
Explore other opportunities by checking out our collection of other hot cryptocurrency startups and tech companies.