Achieving success depends on how much you want it. On how motivated you are. On whether it really is your burning ambition to succeed.
Millennial influencer Luis “Ambition” Garcia started building his business while on tour in the war zones of Afghanistan. Using precious breaks from 16-hour army days, he laid the groundwork for a social media empire that now engages millions of followers on Instagram, Periscope, YouTube and other channels. Luis — who grew up in the ghettos of North Philly — created his brand by prioritizing relationships over revenues, by first giving value before asking for anything in return.
In this podcast, you’ll discover the evolution of his entrepreneurial journey from selling crazy balls and pretzels in school to running Ambition Media, a full-service influencer marketing agency that helps brands extend their reach, accelerate growth and achieve targets.
But this podcast is not only about Luis. It’s more about you and your own ambitions. Your unique challenges. And the best paths to grow own brand and succeed.
How do you go beyond a constrictive environment, navigate roadblocks, and move towards bigger goals? Can you start anything worthwhile without a hoard of cash? Luis certainly did, and so can you.
How do you build a brand that people respect? How do you identify the specific pain points you need to solve in order to gain your audience’s trust? How do you plant seeds of opportunities?
Listen, and you’ll find the surprising, mind-opening answers.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How a 20-year-old kid from a North Philly ghetto went from the warzone in Afghanistan to become one of the most sought after millennial influencers on social media
- Step-by-step marketing tips and tricks for Instagram and Periscope
- How to build value-generating relationships from scratch
- Tried and tested techniques for building, growing and enhancing your brand
- Winning principles and best practices on social media
- How to find a worthy mentor and leverage your learning experience
- Why blindly following someone or something on social media erodes your brand
- Why video has become indispensable in articulating your message
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
This episode of Powderkeg is brought to you by DeveloperTown. If you’re a business leader trying to turn a great idea into a product with traction, this is for you.
DeveloperTown works with clients ranging from entrepreneurs to Fortune 100 companies who want to build and launch an app or digital product. They’re able to take the process they use with early stage companies to help big companies move like a startup.
So if you have an idea for a web or mobile app, or need help identifying the great ideas within your company, go to developertown.com/powderkeg.
If you like this episode, please subscribe and leave us a review on iTunes. You can also follow us on Soundcloud or Stitcher. We have an incredible lineup of interviews we’ll be releasing every Tuesday here on the Powder Keg Podcast.
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
B. Mentioned Personalities:
- Chet Holmes, The Ultimate Sales Machine
- Steve Mehr, AgentSteven, @AskSteveMehr
- Cody Sperber, clever investor, @cleverinvestor
- Andy Frisella, andyfrisella
- Jason Stone, Millionaire Mentor, jason_stone
- Ruben Chavez, Think, Grow, Prosper.
- Farokh Sarmad, goodlife, Mr. GoodLife
- Gary Vaynerchuk, GaryVaynerchuk.com, @garyvee
- The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies, by Chet Holmes
Did you enjoy this conversation? Thank Luis on Twitter!
If you enjoyed this session and have 3 seconds to spare, let Luis know via Twitter by clicking on the link below:
What stood out most to you about what Luis shares in this podcast?
For me, it’s the importance of giving value first and then build a relationship later.
You? Leave a comment below.
To subscribe to the podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes incredibly! Thank you so much!