The rise of remote work is shaking up the tech jobs market.
An Indeed survey of 616 tech sector employees found that nearly half have the option to work remotely on a permanent basis, and 95% of those employees planned to do so.
With more remote jobs available, people who are building careers in tech can work from anywhere.
Here are 5 big trends for job seekers and employers, including some of the top companies who are hiring right now:
1. Software Developers Remain in High Demand
You already know that software developers are in high demand right now, and have been for a long time – and the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the trend will continue. BLS stats predict that software developer jobs will grow 22% between 2020 and 2030.
That’s a growth rate three times higher than the average of 8% for other occupations.
On the hunt for a developer job? These three companies have open software development roles right now:
- Seven Hills Technology — Helping companies innovate with software and technology
- Edify — Global cloud-based communications platform
- Fission Consulting — IT Advisory for Private Equity
You can also browse through and follow the companies in our collection of best companies for software development professionals.
2. The Top 5 Most In-Demand Marketing Roles
If you’re a marketing professional (or you’re looking to break into marketing), there’s a plethora of opportunities out there. A report from LinkedIn shows that the number of marketing jobs in the U.S. grew 61% in the first half of 2021.
The 5 most in-demand marketing jobs are:
- Digital Account Executive
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Digital Strategist
On the hunt for a marketing role? These three companies have open marketing positions right now:
- Movable Ink – Activates any data into personalized content for the world’s most innovative brands.
- Ninety.io – A cloud-based collection of the essential tools you need to run your company on EOS.
- DealMachine – Helps real estate investors get more deals for less money with software for lead generation, lead filtering and targeting, marketing and outreach, and acquisitions and dispositions.
You can also explore our Powderkeg collection of the best companies for marketing professionals.
3. Innovate with Iteration
No matter what your company is building, the most successful product development approach is an iterative one.
According to WeDigTech at Hackernoon, “An iterative process enables businesses to innovate and improve the value and usability of their products and achieve long-term viability. It is the best way to keep your product relevant and competitive.”
In the Powderkeg tech community, we’re seeing these trends in Product Development:
- Finding the signals versus the noise in Market Research
- Focusing on quickly building and shipping a solid MVP (minimum viable product)
- Following best practices for QA Testing
- Adopting product-led growth
Explore these related companies for more information on successful product development:
- OneCause — Nonprofit Fundraising Software
- Greenlight Guru — A Quality Management Software company dedicated to improving the quality of life for everyone
- Ironclad — The #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies.
You can also follow the companies on our collection of Best Companies for Product Development Jobs.
4. Remote Work Is Here to Stay
The stats on remote work aren’t surprising – tech professionals love working from home.
- 77% of remote workers report that they’re more productive when they’re working remotely.
- 74% of workers report that remote work options make them less likely to leave a company.
- 85% of managers believe remote teams are now the new norm.
These great companies recognize the value of flexible working arrangements for employees:
- Formstack — Workplace productivity platform helping organizations digitize what matters, automate workflows, and fix processes—all without code.
- Boardable — A powerful board management platform that helps board leaders get more done.
- Zotec — A leader in technology-enabled and data-driven healthcare revenue cycle management solutions.
Check out more work-from-home or hybrid opportunities in our collection of Best Companies for Remote Jobs.
5. The Shifting World of Tech Sales
With record-breaking amounts of VC funding going out the door, companies are scaling like crazy and hiring tons of tech sales professionals.
With that influx, SaaS sales is ripe for innovation. Eighty percent of SaaS buyers think the buying process is too slow, cumbersome, and complicated.
HubSpot asked four sales leaders about their vision for the future of sales. Judson Griffin, Intercom’s Senior Director of NORPAC Sales, said, “The long-term trend is going to be about meaningful interaction, communication, relationship building, and problem-solving.” Other sales leaders commented on trends like sales specialization, trust-building, and customer experience.
Looking for a tech sales job? These three companies have open sales roles right now:
- Method — a platform that gives dental practices and DSOs the inventory management capabilities they need to succeed
- Demandwell — A platform that lets B2B SaaS Marketers Turn Organic Search Into Repeatable Revenue.
- Conversight.ai — Conversational AI-Driven Analytics
You can also explore our collection of the best companies for sales professionals.